- Picked Brendan Gallagher for the #1stHabsGoal tonight. So Tinordi's going to score first, right?
- Habs have a chance to go 4-0 tonight versus the Lightning. Where have we seen this storyline before?
- Markov on RDS before the game: Says the team needs a good start (duh). Not surprised by Plekanec's play. Rambles on. Confuses everyone.
- Montreal starts the game with their legs moving. Can't afford to get away with slow starts anymore.
- Steve Yzerman has the posture of a man with his job on the line. Important season for him and the Lightning.
- Jarred Tinordi just struck a linesman with a failed dump in.
- Weaver misses a pass at the Tampa Bay blueline that makes it way back to the Candiens' zone where Carey Price tries to clear it from the halfboards and... the rest you know.
- It took Victor Hedman some time to arrive, but the 23-year-old is among the league's best these days. The goal is already his third of the season.
- Somehow Steven Stamkos, titanium leg and all, just victimized Tinordi. [GIF]
- With Nathan Beaulieu in the box for interferance, Stamkos scores Tampa's fifth poweplay goal of the season and it's 2-0.
- It's beginning to look a lot like Philly.
- The Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau line is the first to sustain any real pressure in the Lightning's zone. Habs only have three shots through 12 minutes.
- GALLAGHER! Off a beautiful tip from a Tinordi snap pass! Show me the money, @CanadiensMTL!
- 2-1 and the Habs are alive!
- The Habs powerplay is soooo bad.
- Maybe the Canadiens wouldn't have to win so many games by one goal if the PP was working.
This much talent on the ice should not have a PP this bad. #habs— BrianWilde (@BWildeCTV) October 14, 2014
- Bit of a chess match to start the second period.
- RDS fills in the downtime with Manny Malholtra's faceoff stats.
- Jiri Sekac looking for his first career NHL goal, but Anton Stralman blocks it with a baseball slide through the crease.
- P.K. Subban draws a penalty by being P.K.
- Habs should be allowed to decline powerplays.
- Ben Bishop should be Ottawa's starting goalie. Silly Sens.
- Oh look, Davey took a penalty. I guess that's his way of declining the powerplay.
- Victor Hedman sends a tape-to-tape stretch pass from just about behind his own net to Steven Stamkos.
- Can you guess what happened next?
- Five hole. 3-1 Tampa.
- Oh hey look, another powerplay for the Canadiens.
- This is not the same Tampa team that Montreal swept. Sure a healthy Bishop and Stamkos help, but they're hungry.
- Galchenyuk is making things happen out there. Throws a big check to free the puck and follows it up with a beauty pass to Plekanec. No goal, but still magic.
- With Subban in the box, Stamkos slaps in his third goal of the night.
- Pacioretty on a breakaway. Backhand. Bishopped.
- Would you sit Price in the third?
Including the final eight games of 2013-14, #Habs power play is 0-for-35 in past 12 regular season games, including tonight— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) October 14, 2014
- Habs start the third period with a powerplay. Cue the comeback!
- Why are you all laughing?
- Dustin Tokarski takes over for Price to start the third period.
- Look, you can't blame Price for the result of this game. You have to wonder if the team relies too much on him.
- Subban winds up for a slapshot on the PP and his stick breaks. That kind of night.
- Plekanec with one of the best chances to score of the period. Bishop without his stick: still makes the save.
- Parenteau and Brewer pick up minors for breathing hotly on each other.
- Callahan. 5-1.
- Is anyone still watching?
- Palat. 6-1.
- Is it over yet?
- Namestnikov. 7-1.
EOTP 3 Stars
- That about sums it up:
- This guy gets it.
- One of us! One of us!
Were Subban and Markov even trying?
Wonder if the Lightning are still bitter about that sweep...