- The Chicago Blackhawks dress a veteran lineup.
- Michel Therrien: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Lars Eller vs Brad Richards in the faceoff circle. That's oddly familiar. At least we won't have to see that again in the playoffs until the 2015 Stanley Cup Finals...
- Tinordi picks up the first penalty of the game. Surprise, surprise.
- It's a good thing the Hawks are only allowed to score one goal per powerplay.
- Emelin blocks a Duncan Keith shot, teasing the likes of Tinordi, Pateryn, Drewiske and Bouillon as he heads off in pain.
- But he doesn't even miss a shift.
- Tinordi auditioning for the team's backup goalie position. #HalGill
- Eller's puck protection deep in the corners may be the Habs best.
- Emelin-Pateryn have looked alright. Emelin plasters Andrew Shaw as he enters the zone. Can't catch Jonathan Toews with the same move, though.
- Keith rips a slapshot from the hashmarks. Price answers with a glove save.
- Still early, but can't imagine Jacob de la Rose, Sven Andrighetto, or Christian Thomas changing their fate tonight. Expect all three to start the year in Hamilton.
- Remember how happy GM Marc Bergevin was when the Habs won game 1 in overtime vs the Lightning? Now imagine the exact opposite. All business in Chicago ce soir.
- Rene Bourque looks bored. Bad sign.
- Beaulieu dissects forechecks with Lindstromian finesse.
- Have you seen Phil Kessel in camo?
- Bergevin speaking to RDS during the intermission: Impressed with Sekac and Thomas. Mentions there are still two games left against Ottawa for youngsters to "force his hand." Hasn't made a decision regarding his goaltenders yet. Could start the year with two, or three.
- In other words...
Marc Bergevin spoke for about five minutes on RDS and didn't say a single thing.— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) October 2, 2014
- It's going to be hard to keep Bournival out of the lineup. The kid's wheels help him force turnovers every other forecheck.
- Johnny Oduya has the best beard to jersey ratio in the NHL.
- Emelin must be pissed he cant' grow one. Oduya just got rocked.
- Weise accidentally "Kreiders" Raanta.
- Oh hey, Dumont is playing. Didn't notice. Two minute minor for appearing unannounced.
- Bournival is such a great penalty killer because he can get from end to end faster than Jay Garrick.
- Canadiens have six shots through first 33 minutes. Bourque makes it seven.
- Habs had a powerplay, but I have nothing interesting to say about it.
- Technical difficulties ate my third period comments, so here's a recap:
- Montreal comes out flying to start the third, lead by Andrighetto's line.
- Bourque hits a post but retrieves the lost puck and buries it.
- Beaulieu has had a quiet night, but his stretch pass to Bourque started the play.
- So much for quiet. The kid converts a sexy Drayson Bowman pass.
- 2-0 Habs and suddenly we have a game!
- Montreal will be lucky to get 20 shots on goal tonight.
- Andrew Shaw ruins Price's bid for a shutout.
- Chicago pressing with 5 minutes left in the game.
- BOURNIVALLLL! Empty-net goal just about seals the win.
- Carey Price backstops the Hamilton Bulldogs to a 3-1 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks. Book it.
EOTP 3 Stars
- Price is ready... for June!
- With 4 of the Habs 18 shots tonight, Bourque came to play:
- You gotta be yoking.
Keith actually promised to never ever score on Price again after they won Gold in Sochi:
Emelin wrecks Oduya in open for being able to grow a better beard:
Beau-flow punches his opening night ticket:
Toews gets Emelin'd:
Alright, who said 'shutout':
Empty net goals have feelings too: