Montreal Canadiens Links:
- Prospect Magnus Nygren gave a poor review of Hamilton & the Bulldogs in a recent interview, although it's worth noting that translation seems quite dodgy. Big wheat fan? Nygren has been on a tear since returning to Sweden, scoring 7 goals and 4 assists in 16 games.
- Player development coach Patrice Brisebois checked in on Dalton Thrower, who is enjoying a great season with the Vancouver Giants.
- Morgan Ellis went down with what looked to be a serious injury against Chicago. It's expected that he'll be on the mend for a while.
- The Habs are probably heading towards another outdoor game. They were mentioned as a possible host, and a possible guest vs the Bruins.
- Management ordered the players to face the music after the travesty Saturday night. Seems like Bergevin is trying to push the onus onto the players.
- PK Subban defended his team when questioned on Saturday, claiming that nobody had quit.
- Michel Therrien said that he will (figuratively) throw out the game tape from the game vs the Capitals. I wish he would have said that he planned on studying it.
Around the NHL
- Apparently Kevin Lowe offered to step down as President of Hockey Operations for the Edmonton Oilers. Tough times in Edmonton.
- Adam Gretz wrote an interesting article on how we should change the way we think about defense. As per usual, Adam is right on the mark.
- The Stadium Series was in full swing this weekend. You can check out pictures from the game at Dodgers stadium here. Yankee stadium also hosted an event.
- A brawl broke out at a NCAA game between Union College and RPI, which led to the coaches almost coming to blows.
- The Winter Olympics in Sochi are less than two weeks away, and here's a sneak peek at what our Olympians are in for. (Spoiler: Garbage, lots and lots of garbage)
- Speaking of the Sochi, the Canadian Olympic Committee has a contingency plan in place in case anything goes wrong.
More from Eyes On The Prize
- Canadiens vs Capitals: Scoring chances
- An open letter to Marc Bergevin: It's time to do the hard thing, the right thing
- Top Six Minutes: The Players Stage a Sit-In-Strike
- Is Sylvain Lefebvre becoming a good coach?
- Ellis flourishing for Bulldogs
- P.K. Subban becomes a Detroit Red Wing (gif)
- It's time to rant about the Montreal Canadiens