Montreal Canadiens Links
- Unsurprisingly Don Cherry was upset that Subban showed emotion when he scored vs the Senators to win the game. Big shocker. What's even more shocking is that he didn't mention JvR's celebration during the game, even if he had the opportunity to do so immediately following the match-up. Let's be clear, neither celebrations were remotely insulting or disrespectful, but as per usual Grapes cherry picked his targets during his weekly holier-than-thou segment. In case you missed it this is the reason some of the Senators and old man Cherry were upset.
- James Mirtle spoke to some of the Leafs players after the game on Saturday, and just like Don Cherry they were focused on Subban.
- Recently recalled Nathan Beaulieu and Joonas Nattinen were sent back to Hamilton immediately after the game on Saturday. Beaulieu looked pretty decent during his 1 game audition, proving that his mobility is an asset that Montreal is definitely lacking on the blue line at the moment.
- Having perhaps noticed how much his mobility helped the team, the Habs decided to re-call Beaulieu 24 hours after sending him down.
- Michel Therrien thinks his team played reasonably well vs Toronto.
- Prospect Brady Vail had a 3 point game this weekend, you can view the video highlights here.
- Andrew Berkshire was on Ted Bird's Drive to the Week in Review and Hockey Week in Review show on Sunday, check it out.
Around the NHL
- The Flames and Canucks went crazy 2 seconds into the game on Saturday, including a 10 man line-brawl. Sean Gentille has you covered with everything you need to know about the silliness.
- Since Tortorella stormed down the Flames tunnel and tried to get into a dust-up, he's predictably been given an in-person hearing with the NHL to discuss his actions.
- Martin St. Louis, who was snubbed by Team Canada for an unknown reason, scored a natural hat-trick this weekend. Joe Pavelski responded in fashion, scoring his own hat-trick.
- Team USA teammates Jimmy Howard and Jonathan Quick got into a dust-up, which may lead to some awkwardness in Sochi. Earlier this week Dustin Brown fought future teammate Ryan Kesler.
- Greg Wyshynski asks why Jamie Benn escaped suspension for his elbow on Matt Cooke.
More from Eyes On The Prize
- An exclusive interview with Michael McCarron
- Nathan Beaulieu has been elevating his game for the Bulldogs
- Canadiens vs. Maple Leafs - Top Six Minutes - Toronto Maple Lucks edition
- Canadiens at Leafs: Game Preview
- 2013-14 Game 49: Montreal Canadiens at Toronto Maple Leafs
- Breaking Down Film - Fourth Line Fiasco
- Nathan Beaulieu and Joonas Nattinen called up by the Canadiens
- 2014 Mid-term Habs Top 25 Under 25: 15-11
- Carey Price: Human highlight reel