Montreal Canadiens Links
After his heroic performance against the Blackhawks, Tomas Plekanec has once again gained Selke Trophy (for best defensive forward) buzz. JF Chaumont opines about it here. As a wise man once said, you know Pleks is the most underrated player in the league because he always comes second in "most underrated player" polls.
Stu Cowan of the Gazette writes about P.K. Subban's junior coach - one of the first people the Canadiens defenseman called upon hearing the good Olympic news - and how he helped Subban's development.
Andrei Markov (or rather his agent) is reportedly in negotiations with the Canadiens on a contract extension.
Around The NHL
Some people go to extreme measures to make their fantasies come to fruition. Then there's this guy.
Justin Bourne of the Score writes about the "doghouse" and what players can do to get out of it.
Bruce Arthur with a great segment on the Leafs and media narratives here. I haven't actually seen it because for some reason TSN doesn't wanna let Americans watch most of their content, but I hear it was good.
Speaking of the Leafs, apparently their success wasn't a fluke because their president said so.
Okay that's enough of that. Meanwhile, one Team Canada snub took his rejection in stride.
My future wife Margot Robbie is apparently a huge hockey fan. As if she wasn't awesome enough.
- 2014 Mid-term Habs Top 25 Under 25: The graduate and the departed
- 2014 Mid-term Habs Top 25 Under 25: Preview
- 2014 Mid-term Habs Top 25 Under 25
- Catching The Torch: Your weekly Habs prospect update
- Monday Habs Links: Demers shares his insight
- Bulldogs fall for first time in seven games
- Game Recap: Best game of the year ends in a win
- Habs vs Blackhawks: Scoring chances
- Top Six Minutes: General Domination Edition
- Brendan Gallagher has his own McDonald's sandwich