For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining, even when the Habs make it hard. Full recaps/analysis/walks of shame go up the morning after every game.
- What a FANTASTIC game.
- This may have been the best game the Habs have played since, like, before the playoff series against Ottawa.
- The General, you guys. He's old and injury-prone and the Habs should trade him. Hahahahaha.
- First, one complaint: Douglas Murray is literally the last person you ever want to see on the ice against any of the Blackhawks. Basically any disastrous things that happened tonight happened while he was on the ice.
- The Montreal Canadiens played a much better game than the Chicago Blackhawks. The foot never came off the pedal. Let's get optimistic for a second: this may be the one that rights the ship. Obviously we shouldn't get too excited about that yet, but they did so many things right.
- Why did Brendan Gallagher fight Kris Versteeg? On second thought, I don't want to know, because the answer is probably stupider than the fight was.
- Okay, another complaint: I counted one zone entry on that third power play (second period) and it was at the very end of it. The other night, Michael Raffl of the Flyers commented that they knew what the Habs were going to do on the power play. I think it's time for some adjusting.
- Eyes On The Prize's pet cause should be to get Plekanec a bunch of Selke votes, because #FireTherrien ain't happening. I'm not saying he should win, but that he never gets votes is ridiculous. Who's with me? He is a king in a turtleneck among men.
- All hail Carey Price. You know, the usual.
- Corey Crawford played an amazing game as well. Remember when the Bruins/media/fans made fun of his glove hand? His glove hand is fine, and the Bruins lost the Stanley Cup to the Blackhawks.
- Seventeen seconds.
- Just wanted to put that out there again. Even though it has nothing to do with anything.
- The Habs scored the first goal, against the Blackhawks, on a play that George Parros was involved in. Raise your hand if that's what you thought would happen tonight.
- A goal was disallowed and it wasn't a Habs goal. Raise your hand if that's what you thought would happen tonight.
- The Montreal Canadiens beat the best team in the league after two months of horrendous play that gave us no hope. Raise your hand if that's what you thought would happen tonight.
- That PK with P.K. in the box... still a little turned on, I won't lie. Shots on that PK: Canadiens 4, Blackhawks 0.
- That Crawford save will haunt Lars Eller for days. Except you know, the Habs won the game.
- Jonathan Toews taking control of the play is a beautiful sight.
- P.K. Subban was everywhere tonight.
- I also thought Max Pacioretty, Travis Moen, and Brandon Prust had a great great game, by each of their respective standards.
- I've finally figured it out. Niklas Hjalmarsson is pronounced "that defenseman guy on the Blackhawks."
- Rene Bourque compliment of the night, for JD__: he did not do anything. Which means he did no harm.
- EOTP three stars of the night: Third star: this gif is absolute perfection,from our own Scott. Second Star: "Plekanec out-Selked Toews" from Nicholas Alexandre. First star: Andrei Markov.
- In conclusion: let us rejoice about this one for as long as we can, lest the Canadiens remember they were determined to be terrible and make us hate them before the Devils get here.
Markov's 1st goal:
Hossa finishes a great play by Toews and Sharp:
Markov's game winning overtime goal:
- Complete coverage of Habs vs Hawks
- Hamilton shuts down Rochester: 6 straight wins and counting
- Brendan Gallagher has his own McDonald's sandwich
- Dive Files: Winter's worst
- On teaching P.K. Subban, and Michel Therrien's bizarre coaching decisions
- Game Recap: Philly Folly
- Team Canada Scouting Reports: The Surprises
- Habs vs Flyers: Scoring chances
- Friday Habs links : How much is Subban worth?