Have you ever heard of Domo? He's the guy in the picture above, and he's the mascot for Japan's public broadcasting station NHK, and has become a viral sensation across the internet. Now, he's even invaded hockey.
NHK's public relations has set me up with a couple of Domo plush toys to give away in contests, each wearing a Montreal Canadiens shirt. With the holidays around the corner, these would be great little stocking stuffers for young Habs fans, or even if you want one yourself.
Here's how this contest is going down, with a stick tap to Scott Matla for creating it:
The best Sad Pateryn meme will win the contest. What is Sad Pateryn?
This was the first Sad Pateryn meme, created by Scott Matla using the Pateryn photo EOTP has used repeatedly for a year by Joel Auerbach.
You can make your own meme by clicking on this link, publishing, then embedding the image in a comment on this thread. The best Sad Pateryn meme will win a Habs Domo!
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Why the rumour that Max Pacioretty will be traded for Evander Kane is nonsense
- 24CH Recap: S02 E06 - Start spreading the (bad) news
- Hamilton Bulldogs early season report: The good, the bad, and the Lefebvre
- Bulldogs disappoint children on "school day", lose fifth straight
- Thursday Habs Links: Sven Andrighetto shining in Hamilton
- Prust nearing a return, Dumont and Pateryn back with the Bulldogs
- Habs vs Lightning: Scoring chances
- Game Recap: Carey Price steals a point in the Habs' worst game under Therrien
- Wednesday Habs Links - P.K. Subban contract talks begin
- Top Six Minutes: Building Another Carey Price Shrine Edition
- P.K. Subban and Lars Eller face off in Jenga Tetris