It used to be that bronze would be an embarrassment, but with the gold drought Team Canada is mired in, how young this team is, and how bad they've played in general, bronze sounds pretty good to me.
You may be tempted to be negative about this year's edition of Team Canada, but try to think about it this way; taking a young team this year means there are going to be a lot of returnees next year. Unfortunately the entire top line of Jonathan Drouin, Anthony Mantha, and Charles Hudon won't be back, with two being too old, and Drouin definitely cracking the Tampa Bay roster, but there are guys come back who will help.
As for Russia, they somehow escaped without suspensions after causing two altercations near the end of their loss to Sweden, and after the game was over.
Canada vs Russia is always special, and this one starts at 9am on TSN.
- Canadiens vs Senators Top Six Minutes: Better than nothing
- World Juniors 2014 Game Recap & Highlights: Canada vs Finland - Finish, Finnish, Finished
- Winter Olympics Hockey 2014 - Selecting Team Canada for Sochi: The Back End
- Winter Olympics Hockey 2014 - Selecting Team Canada for Sochi: The Forwards
- Inside the making of Team Canada: Quotes, reactions, and projections
- 2013 EOTP Commenter Awards: Who wins the Golden Subban, the Silver Plekanec, and the Bronze Pacioretty?
- Complete coverage of the Habs' loss to the Sens
- 24CH Recap: Season 2, Episode 13