The seemingly annual matchup between Canada and the United States on New Years Eve has finally come. This matchup is more often than not the best game in the entire tournament, and if Canada can stay out of the penalty box, they may just end up making a game of it.
Make no mistake, Team USA has looked far better than Team Canada so far in the World Juniors, but Canada has also been getting some poor conversion rates on excellent scoring chance numbers according to Cam Charron.
Montreal Canadiens prospect Zachary Fucale will start his second straight game after securing a win against Slovakia, and he'll be looking to improve his save percentage against the USA, which shouldn't be too difficult if Canada can avoid taking a period or more's worth of minor penalties.
The coverage begins at 10:30 EST on TSN, and the game starts at 11:30 EST.
- Who makes Team Canada for the Sochi Winter Olympics? EOTP debates
- World Juniors 2014 Game Recap: Canada engineers a third period comeback to defeat Slovakia
- World Juniors 2014 Game Thread: Canada vs Slovakia
- Habs vs Panthers: Scoring chances
- 24CH Recap: Season 2, Episode 12
- Team USA remains undefeated at World Juniors
- Top Six Minutes: Paging Guy Boucher
- Game Recap: Carey Price leads the Habs to victory
- Habs vs Lightning: Scoring chances