Bournival set up a goal by Ryan White in the first period and will finish the game +1 in five minutes and two seconds of ice time.
Bournival looked very woozy on the bench after the high stick, and was helped down the tunnel very slowly by Canadiens trainers. Not being doctors it's probably unfair to speculate, but a concussion seems like the most likely scenario for Bournival.
After seeing players like Jeff Halpern, Raphael Diaz, and Rene Bourque play concussed for the Canadiens in recent seasons, it's actually quite good news that the organization is being extra cautious with the young forward.
Bournival is one of many players to head to the dressing room in a very chippy game between the two Canadian teams.
- Steven Stamkos out of Sochi Olympics
- Winter Olympics 2014: Finland's Mikko Koivu running out of time
- Winter Olympics 2014 preview: Sweden men's hockey team
- Winter Olympics 2014 Preview - USA men's hockey team
- Winter Olympics 2014 preview: Russia men's hockey team
- Catching the Torch: January 27 to February 2nd
- Scoring chances for the Habs' win over the Flames
- The Bright Side: Bon voyage, Diaz
- Montreal Canadiens ups and downs: Week 18
- Top Six Minutes: What's the opposite of red hot?
- Wednesday Habs Links: Andrei Markov on the market?