The Montreal Canadiens have announced that they've reassigned defenseman Greg Pateryn to the Hamilton Bulldogs today. Pateryn has been up with the team since October 27th, but didn't draw into game action during his call up.
It seems to me that there's more to it than that though, with Alexei Emelin poised to return, this move could be the precursor to the announcement that Emelin has been cleared to return. Would there be anything more welcome than that?
Pateryn being sent down to Hamilton gives the Bulldogs possibly the strongest defense core in the AHL, with Magnus Nygren finding his game on the North American sized ice, along with Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu continuing to be dominant there. Expect to see Hamilton rack up the wins while all four of those guys are playing.
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Game Recap: Deja vu in Ottawa
- Highlights of the Habs' loss to the Senators
- Friday Habs Links - Bergevin on the hot seat.
- Top Six Minutes - Those Bleeping Bleepers Again Edition
- Checking in on Artturi Lehkonen, and why he isn't scoring
- Ears on the Prize - Episode 9 - Podcast
- Hamilton's goaltender controversy: Is it Tokarski or Mayer?
- Thursday Habs Links - Subban controversy abounds