Pacioretty's five goals in three games has brought him from slumping forward that most fans were bashing to the NHL's second star of the week. His extraordinary play led the Canadiens to three straight wins over very tough teams, and reinvigorated David Desharnais.
Here's what the NHL had to say:
SECOND STAR - MAX PACIORETTY, LW, MONTREAL CANADIENS
Pacioretty led all players with five goals, including two-game winners, in three games to help the Canadiens (13-9-2, 28 points) pick up a trio of victories. He opened the week by recording a natural hat trick, his second career three-goal game and first since Feb. 9, 2012, in a 6-2 triumph over the Minnesota Wild Nov. 19. After being held off the scoresheet in a 3-2 win over the Washington Capitals Nov. 22, Pacioretty twice found the back of the net, including the game-winning goal, in a 3-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins Nov. 23. The New Canaan, Conn., native has totaled 7-2-9 in 15 games this season, tying for second on the Canadiens in goals and game-winners (2).
- Source: NHL.com
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Montreal Canadiens ups and downs: Week 8
- Monday Habs Links: Galchenyuk on Team USA's radar for Sochi
- What is Michel Therrien doing with his forward lines?
- Bulldogs powerplay crunches Syracuse
- Game Recap: Three straight wins for Pacioretty week
- Habs vs Penguins: Scoring chances
- 24CH Recap: Season 2 Episode 7
- Highlights and postgame comments from the Habs' win over Pittsburgh
- Top Six Minutes: Pacioretty Week continues