M.Therrien confirme que Moen a subi une fracture (au-dessus de l'oeil). Il sera absent une semaine.— Richard Labbé (@Richardlabbe) October 28, 2013
When Travis Moen got hit in the face by a the puck on a clearing attempt on Saturday, it looked pretty bad. It was especially worrisome since he doesn't wear a visor, but luckily it missed his eye.
After the game Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said it was just a cut, but now he's confirmed that Moen suffered a minor facial fracture and will be out one week. Moen has suffered concussion issues in the past, but there's been no word that he has any symptoms.
The injury comes at a terrible time for both Moen and the Habs, as he's playing his best hockey in years, and the Habs ares struggling to accumulate wins.
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Canadiens at Rangers - Game Preview
- Catching The Torch: Oct 21-27 Edition
- Hamilton Bulldogs player of the week: Louis Leblanc
- Monday Habs Links - Injuries bite, and two youngsters get their chance
- Louis Leblanc called up to the Canadiens