After the Canadiens made it official that Louis Leblanc was called up to replace the injured Travis Moen in New York, they also announced that Greg Pateryn would be getting the call up over Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi.
Pateryn has been stellar in the AHL to begin the year, amassing 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points in 6 games. He also impressed in today's loss against the Marlies with a goal and an assist, to go with 2 shots.
After being the odds on favourite to earn a spot with the Habs after training camp, Pateryn imploded in the preseason as the competition got tougher, but it seems like that only served to focus his game. Pateryn has the advantage of being a right handed defenseman, so for the first time this season the Canadiens will be skating three lefties and three righties on defense against the Rangers.
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Louis Leblanc called up to the Canadiens
- Breaking Down Film - Defending the 2-on-1
- Patrick Holland's trip to Hamilton has been canceled
- Bulldogs topple Comets and claim first place
- Canadiens vs Sharks - Game Recap - Habs overwhelmed by San Jose