Louis Leblanc is in a tough spot with the Bulldogs. He's been asked to prove he belongs in the NHL but at the same time, must carry his underwhelming linemates Nick Tarnasky and Maxime Macenauer. That being said, in the last five games he's done just that, collecting points in three of them.
In a 4-1 loss to the Lake Erie Monsters Leblanc set up Macenauer's 2nd goal of the season to break Calvin Pickard's shutout late in the 3rd period. However against the Toronto Marlies, in a battle for 1st place in the division, he would be held pointless.
In a rematch against Lake Erie at home, Leblanc would register 2 points on the night, including an assist on Tarnasky's 8th goal of the year. Late in the 3rd period Leblanc would put home his 7th goal of the year.
In the annual Toy Toss game Leblanc registered the only Bulldogs goal, his 8th, against the Marlies in a 4-1 losing effort.
With his recent efforts Leblanc sits in 2nd place in total points(16) and assists(8), as well as co-leading the team in goals with 8, with 24 games played.
It's worth noting that Leblanc is producing 0.67 points per game in the AHL, which doesn't sound that impressive, until you realize that his linemates are producing 0.33 (Tarnasky) and 0.24 (Macenauer) points per game. He's producing points on his own, and doing it without getting much powerplay time.
Martin St. Pierre- The Bulldogs captain once again hit the score sheet with a vengeance by registering 5 points(2 goals 3 assists) in five games played. St. Pierre is the team's leading scoring with 24 points(6 goals 18 assists).
It seems as if anyone who is put on a line with St. Pierre immediately sees an increase in their production, as Patrick Holland and Gabriel Dumont both saw a boost in their offensive numbers when playing the veteran forward.
The Bulldogs are back in action against the Chicago Wolves in Chicago on December 18th, before travelling to Iowa to take on the Wild on the 20th. They conclude the week with a home game against Abbotsford on the 22nd.
- Montreal Canadiens ups and downs: Week 11
- Catching the Torch: Your weekly Habs prospect update
- Habs vs Panthers: Scoring chances
- Game Recap: Excuses and embarrassment as Habs left looking for answers
- Monday Habs Links: Does Montreal need a coaching change?
- Top Six Minutes: Lethargy Epitomized
- After a second scare in nine games, should we be worried about George Parros?
- Game Recap: Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
- Habs vs Islanders: Scoring chances
- Top Six Minutes: A Patchwork Win