The Bulldogs lost on Friday night in Rochester, falling 5-2 to the Americans.
The Bulldogs lost to the Rochester Americans 5-2 on Friday night, the first of three road games for the Bulldogs this week.
Jason DeSantis opened the scoring just over 2 minutes in, firing a shot past David Leggio. It was DeSantis' first goal as a Bulldog, and with an assist on the play, Joey Tenute also added his first point as a 'Dog. Nathan Beaulieu also assisted on the power play marker. The Americans responded quickly however, scoring just 54 seconds later on a power play of their own. Brian Flynn picked up a loose puck in front of the net and fired it by Robert Mayer.
The Americans took the lead late in the first, when T.J. Brennan fired a shot from the top of the faceoff circle that blew by Robert Mayer. They went on to double their lead just 55 seconds into the second period, when Mark Mancari buried a rebound in front of the net. Nick Tarnasky added another goal for the Amerks, extending their lead to 4-1 just half-way through the game. Once again Mayer let out a rebound which was put past him by the Americans' enforcer.
Hamilton cut the lead to 2 when Gabriel Dumont beat David Leggio five-hole just 11 seconds into the third period. The goal was Dumont's 3rd in 3 games, and 9th in the past 14 games. That would be the closest the 'Dogs would get, with Brayden McNabb sealing their fate with a goal just 5 minutes later. Patrick Holland blocked his initial shot, but the rebound came right back and McNabb blasted it past Robert Mayer.
The Bulldogs’ next game is against the Heat in Abbotsford at 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 15th.
1. HAM – Jason DeSantis – 3 – (Nathan Beaulieu, Joey Tenute) – 2:12 (PP)
2. RCH – Brian Flynn – 12 – (Zemgus Girgensons, Kevin Porter) – 3:06 (PP)
3. RCH – T.J. Brennan – 13 – (Alex Biega, Luke Adam) – 16:09
4. RCH – Mark Mancari – 10 – (Zemgus Girgensons, Kevin Porter) – 0:55
5. RCH – Nick Tarnasky – 7 – (Luke Adam, Brian Flynn) – 8:58
6. HAM – Gabriel Dumont – 12 – (Joey Tenute, Mike Commodore) – 0:11
7. RCH – Brayden McNabb – 3 – (Phil Varone, Evan Rankin) – 6:21
Rochester: David Leggio (W – 19 shots, 17 saves)
Hamilton: Robert Mayer (L – 28 shots, 23 saves)
1. RCH – T.J. Brennan (1 goal, 3 shots)
2. RCH – Zemgus Girgensons (2 assists, +1, 1 shot)
3. RCH – Kevin Porter (2 assists, +1)
Dan Lawrie Insurance Premium Player of the Game: Joey Tenute