The Hamilton Bulldogs lost a tight game against the Milwaukee Admirals on Sunday night, ending this week with a 2-2 record. The Bulldogs lost their leading scorer Aaron Palushaj when he went down with an injury in Tuesdays 1-0 win.
The Bulldogs gave up the first goal for the 19th time this season, when Taylor Beck banked a shot off of Cedrick Desjardins and into the Bulldogs goal at 5:57 of the first period. The Admirals doubled their lead at 5:46 of the second period, when Kevin Henderson got a fortunate bounce after a blocked shot ended up on his stick.
The Bulldogs would get their own lucky bounce however, as Antoine Corbin fired a shot on goal that ended up being put into the Admirals goal by Joonas Jarvinen. The Admirals would quickly regain their two goal lead, as Mark Van Guilder cashed in on a rebound by Cedrick Desjardins.
Jarred Tinordi closed the Admirals lead to 1 with a point shot that appeared to be tipped by Dumont, but the goal was eventually credited to Tinordi, his first as a pro. past Jeremy Smith just 46 seconds into the third. Once again, the Admirals restored their lead on a blast by Victor Bartley at 6:39. Sticking with the back and forth pace, the Bulldogs responded at 13:12 after Gabriel Dumont deflected a shot by Brendon Nash.
However, the Bulldogs goal would prove to be too little, too late. The Bulldogs fall to 2-2 this week and 10-12-1-1 on the season.
1. MIL – Taylor Beck – 4 – (Mark Van Guilder, Ryan Ellis) – 5:57
2. MIL – Kevin Henderson – 5 – (Chris Mueller, Mattias Ekholm) – 5:46
3. HAM – Antoine Corbin – 1 – 16:46
4. MIL – Mark Van Guilder – 6 – (Michael Latta, Taylor Beck) – 18:53
5. HAM – Jarred Tinordi – 1 – (Stefan Chaput, Joonas Nattinen) – 0:46
6. MIL – Victor Bartley – 3 – (Mark Van Guilder, Taylor Beck) – 6:39
7. HAM – Gabriel Dumont – 5 – (Brendon Nash) – 13:12
Milwaukee: Jeremy Smith (W – 31 shots, 28 saves)
Hamilton: Cedrick Desjardins (L – 32 shots, 28 saves)
1. MIL- Mark Van Guilder (1 goal, 2 assists, +3, 3 shots)
2. MIL- Taylor Beck (1 goal, 2 assists, +3, 2 shots)
3. HAM- Gabriel Dumont (1 goal, +1, 3 shots)