Montreal Canadiens News
- The always professional PK Subban went out of his way to make amends for hitting a father and his son with an errant puck. The cameras were rolling and captured the heart warming moment:
- Staying on the P.K. Subban fame train, he spoke to David Amber on Saturday night, and discussed the come back versus the Senators, the thrill of winning Olympic gold, and the challenges ahead in the Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Thomas Vanek answered fan questions for NHL.com, check out the video here.
- Spirits are seemingly high throughout the lineup, as the Habs continue to win games. Tomas Plekanec went out of his way to show Galchenyuk some love.
- Alexei Emelin seems to have regained his form. He's hitting absolutely everything in sight, and it's beautiful to watch.
- Prospect Mac Bennett captured the Vic Heyleger award as Michigan's best defender this past season in the NCAA.
- Martin Reway continues to impress in the QJMHL playoffs. Here is one of his prettier goals of the post-season.
- Interested in seeing some of the new members of the Bulldogs in action? You can view Connor Crisp's 2013-14 OHL highlights here. Brady Vail's 2013-2014 highlights are also available.
- Brendan Kelly thinks it's time to praise Max Pacioretty. To tell you the truth, it's ALWAYS time to praise Pacioretty.
- Playoff tickets are now available. Which is something no other fan base in Canada will be able to say this year.
- Jacques Demers and Guy Lafleur were on Ted Bird's Weekend in Review show yesterday, you can listen to the excellent interviews here via Montreal Hockey Talk.
News and Notes from Around the League
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Rumour has it that Kirk Muller is going to inevitably get fired from his position as head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Dallas Eakins made a few good points in regards to toughness vs skill. It's worth a read.
- A charity game between the NYPD and the FDNY ended in an all-out brawl. Way to make hockey look good, guys.
- Trouble in paradise. Apparently Phil Kessel was not too impressed by Dion Phaneuf's captaincy related suggestions, and Kessel let him know exactly how he felt.
- Eric Tulsky evaluated the variance in controlled zone entries, in his first article for fivethirtyeight.com
- Jen LC takes a look at using Shots For % to evaluate team performances.
- Don't look now, but the Devils seem poised to snatch up the last available playoff spot in the East.