Montreal Canadiens News
- For the 34th time in NHL history, the Habs will be playing the Bruins in the playoffs. We have lots of fun stuff planned this week, stay tuned.
- Carey Price couldn't care less about not being a finalist for the Vezina trophy. "An individual award isn't going to make or break me."
- Galchenyuk still isn't practicing. It seems less and less likely that he'll be joining the team any time soon.
- Thomas Vanek swears he was 100% during the first round sweep of the Bolts, which put an end to the injury rumours.
- The D pairings were unchanged at practice, hopefully Therrien holds the line during the series with the Bruins.
- Moen took Bournival's spot on the 4th line. Bournival practiced on the 5th line with Parros and White.
- Dan Rubenstein thinks the story of the 2014 playoffs is the Montreal Canadiens.
- Brian Gionta and others spoke to the media on Saturday morning following their practice. He spoke about the break Montreal had due to the sweep, and how they plan to keep the momentum going.
- Montreal started to ramp up their practices in anticipation of the second round. Subban spoke about the intensity needed in the playoffs.
- The Habs made $6M in ticket sales during their two home games in the first round. It's quite the juxtaposition compared to the $22M in ticket revenue the Islanders pulled in all year.
- The always excellent Chantal Machabée celebrated 25 years on the job, read more here.
- Christopher Boucher evaluated the Habs' puck possession numbers in the first round.
- In what can only be described as a potentially disastrous move, some bars in Montreal will be allowed to push last-call back until 5:30 am. I can't imagine what good this will bring.
- The good news for Detroit is that Lucic didn't attack anyone's groin during the elimination game, Marchand on the other hand went a little nuts.
- The Bruins are starting to get ready for what is arguably the best rivalry in sports, check out their comments here.
- Ice Level with Andrew Berkshire had a couple great invited guests, Steve Dangle Glynn & Sean Gentille.
News and Notes from Around the League
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Playing dirty in the NHL does not trump skill, Sean Gordon elaborates.
- The Capitals released both their general manager (George McPhee) and their head coach (Adam Oates).
- The investigation into the tragic Lokomotiv crash has concluded, it was decided that the flight crew was allowed to fly unlawfully.
- A second Latvia hockey player tested positive for a banned substance in Sochi.
- Ryan Garbutt was fined less than $1.5K for spearing Corey Perry in the nads. A pretty cheap rate considering it's basically groin assault with a deadly weapon.
- Referee Steve Kozari took a puck straight to the face during game 5 of the Bruins/Wings series. Being the badass that he is, he returned shortly after receiving some repairs.
- Dan Boyle was a little salty following the Sharks 3-0 loss on Saturday, his post-game interview was laced with frustration. To be fair a lot of the questions were incredibly silly.
- The Blues playoff woes continue, they were eliminated on Sunday as Chicago completed the four game comeback.