Montreal Canadiens News
- The Habs' spectacular third line composed of Bourque-Eller-Gionta is having a lot of fun playing hockey right now, Marc Antoine Godin elaborated on their success.
- The newly signed Daniel Carr is the all time scoring leader for NCAA champions Union College, all signs point to a hardworking player.
- Sean McIndoe (@downgoesbrown) begrudgingly analyzed Montreal's first round sweep and their chances in round two.
- Josh Thomas elaborated on how the Habs used their depth to take care of business versus the Lightning.
- Ben Bishop would have played in game six if the series vs the Habs would have lasted that long, however he'll be undergoing surgery to repair his injured wrist.
- Olivier took a statistical approach to dissecting Montreal's 1st round win.
- Ever wonder what it's like to sit in the stands at the Bell Centre? Well, this video doesn't even come close to giving it justice, but it's a decent try.
- Connor Crisp will be joining the Bulldogs next year, as the Canadiens have signed him to a 3 year ELC.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning eulogy over at Puck Daddy is harsh, ridiculous, and hilarious. Everything a hockey eulogy should be.
- Here are the ticket prices for round 2.
- Pat Hickey seems to think that Galchenyuk will be out a little longer than the Habs had originally let on.
- Jack Han at Canadiens.com took a quick statistical look at the first sweep.
News and Notes from Around the League
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- The NHL announced the finalists for the Selke trophy. It comes as no surprise that the three finalists are Anze Kopitar, Patrice Bergeron, and Jonathan Toews.
- If you play hockey Pierre McGuire knows who cuts your hair.
- Adam Gretz examines why so many teams are blowing two goal leads.
- Jordin Tootoo made a young fan's
dayyear. Take a look.
- Blue Jackets fans went crazy during their team's comeback victory on Wednesday, it was loud, very loud.
- Pensburgh pondered what Pittsburgh should do following their collapse in game 4.
- Just how good is a 'replacement level goalie'? Eric T. answers that question here.
- Craig Berube waited well over a decade to punch Jeremy Roenick in the face. It sounds like it was definitely worth the wait.