Montreal Canadiens News
- Following their series clinching victory Douglas Murray, Brandon Prust and David Desharnais decided that La Banquise would be a good trip at 3:15 am ... they weren't the only players with that idea.
- Andrew took a look at how once again size doesn't matter in the Habs four-game domination of the Lightning. The Game 4 recap is available here.
- Brian Wilde of CTV has yet another fantastic edition of Call of the Wilde following the win last night.
- Pat Hickey spoke with Game 4 hero Max Pacioretty about his father and a pre-game pep talk.
- Former player Terry Ryan has quite a bit to say about Michel Therrien and how the coach has grown since his early coaching career.
- In social media news it would appear that the Habs affable back up goalie Peter Budaj is now on Twitter!
- Deadspin took an in-depth look at Ron MacLean's confusing comments about French-Canadian officials.
- Dan Rice sat down with Carey Price for a few Q & A's.
- Tampa head coach Jon Cooper went on the radio yesterday, and expressed his confusion over Montreal's system, which caught him off guard compared to what he was used to in the regular season. Essentially the Habs moved the puck out of the zone too quickly for Tampa to adapt, which lends credence to the concept that slow D-men that are unable to move the puck are soon to be a thing of the past.
Around the NHL
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- The Calder Memorial Trophy finalists were announced on Wednesday and it's really no surprise who was nominated.
- Flyers fans really don't like opposing players ... just ask Daniel Carcillo.
- Brad Marchand has a reputation as a diver in the NHL ... now he's a diver who can't fake an injury properly.
- Also watch as Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask is almost hit by a flying octopus.
- Late night personality Jimmy Fallon gave out NHL superlatives and almost all of them are spot on.
- Nice guys finish last in the Stanley Cup war of attrition at least according to Harrison Mooney.
- Noted cheapshot artist Matt Cooke has been suspended for seven games after his knee-on-knee hit injured Av's defencemen Tyson Barrie
- Marc-Andre Fleury is starting to come into playoff form.