Montreal Canadiens News
- Bolts starter Ben Bishop practiced with full equipment this time around, however coach Jon Cooper doesn't expect him to be back any time soon. He mentioned that Bishop could return to play if the series was to be extended.
- Ondrej Palat was knocked out of game one by Andrei Markov, as it stands his status is day-to-day.
- Here are the Lightning forward lines from yesterday's practice. The defensive pairings.
- Travis Moen practiced with a full contact jersey, however he won't be ready to go for game 2. Besides, I'm not sure who he would replace at this point. Bourque maybe?
- With game one in the books the players are focusing on tonight's pivotal game two. The cameras were rolling as they spoke to the media.
- The Habs spent the vast majority of their practice working on their anemic power play. Considering they're 0 for their last 9000 on the PP, it was probably a good call.
- Marc Bergevin's post-game celebration is making the rounds, which has yielded some hilarious results.
- Even the statues in Montreal are getting the full Habs treatment.
- The Score took a look at the overtime winner by Weise, and identified some key breakdowns by the Lightning coverage. Most notably Cedric Paquette screwed the pooch, and by doing so didn't exactly make the team regret not drafting him as he had hoped.
- Daniel Brière seems to be back to his old tricks. Read more about Commander Clutcherton here.
- Game one of the Tampa/Habs series absolutely obliterated the numbers from last year's opener on CNBC, by the tune of a 153% improvement.
- Bulldogs back up Robert Mayer will join the Swiss National Team for the 2014 World Championships.
- Wheeling Nailers starter Mike Condon has won goalie of the month honours in the ECHL.
- Askmen.com sat down with attention magnet P.K. Subban, to talk style
News and Notes from Around the League
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Kevin Woodley took an in-depth look at the goaltender match up between the Kings and the Sharks ahead of last night's opening game.
- PPP is sick and tired of the mitten-stringers in Toronto, and I can't blame them.
- According to one of his former players, Patrick Roy wasn't exactly the best coach to have around, especially when it came to his self esteem, and consequently goalie development.
- Ryan Getzlaf took a Tyler Seguin shot right to the kisser, the gnarly results are here.
- Dan Boyle had a disappointing year with the Sharks. San Jose fans are hoping the playoffs could serve as his redemption.
- The Sharks/Kings series got off to a boisterous start, as one would expect. There's no love lost between those rivals.
- Jake Voracek is taking his playoff beard to a whole new level.
- There's no surprise who topped the NHL jersey sales leader board this year.