Montreal Canadiens News
- As the playoffs approach a lot of people will start to bring up the 'playoff performer' angle when it comes to Daniel Briere. To be fair, he's been damn impressive in the playoffs.
- Take it for what it's worth, but apparently Jacob de la Rose was spotted in Marc Bergevin's box last night.
- Dave Stubbs has confirmed this morning that Jacob de la Rose is indeed on the ice at Brossard, with fellow prospect Mac Bennett.
- Bad news on the Alex Galchenyuk injury front, the Habs updated the situation and they've ruled out Galchenyuk for round one of the playoffs.
- Nathan Beaulieu spoke briefly about his opportunity versus the Blackhawks. It's a shame that we may have seen his final game this year. He's been great in almost every game he's played.
- Aaaaaaaaaand he's gone. So long Nathan, we hardly knew ye'.
- The Islanders played 11 rookies last night, which is the most they've ever iced since 1973.
- Do you want a 'Freudian view' of Subban and Therrien's relationship? What's that? You don't? Well, here it is anyhow.
- Jack Nevins is on his way to the Hamilton Bulldogs for the rest of the season.
- A Maurice Richard wax statue was erected at the Hall of Fame. It kind of looks like Brian Mulroney.
- Douglas Murray will not be facing a suspension for his hit on Johan Sundstrum.
News and Notes from Around the League
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Nine ex-NHL players have filed an error riddled class action suit vs the NHL. They misspelled several names, including Sidney Crosby, the Canadiens, and others. They also claim that Gordie Howe is dead. It's sloppy, quite sloppy.
- How rare are 30 goal scorers? Dimitri Filipovic takes an in-depth look.
- Thomas Vokoun is set to retire, as is longtime Oiler Ryan Smyth.
- Brendan Shanahan was appointed as President of Hockey Operations for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The more Mimico the better, right?
- Tomas Hertl is expected to be back for the opening round of the playoffs.
- Mike Rupp absolutely obliterated TJ Oshie's head. Odds are we'll be hearing from Shanahan's replacement sooner rather than later.