Montreal Canadiens News
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Perhaps the best news of the year occurred on Friday, as Tim Bozon was released from Saskatoon's Royal University Hospital. He also attended game 6 of Kootenay's playoff series versus Calgary, a game that Kootenay won ensuring they move on to the second round. You can watch his press conference a little further down this page.
- Josh Gorges is still sidelined by the hand injury he received on March 1st, however he's inching closer to a return. He hopes to be in the lineup by April 9th.
- After missing Saturday's game versus the Panthers for personal reasons, Tomas Plekanec has returned to the team.
- Max Pacioretty continues to score goals as if it's his job (wait...), and the addition of Thomas Vanek has helped him keep his torrid scoring pace up.
- Prospect Mac Bennett's NCAA career came to an abrupt and disappointing end, but Bennett's week wasn't all bad.
- Ray Ferraro spoke to Mitch Melnick about captain Brian Gionta & the Habs' off season.
- The podcast of yesterday's edition of Ice Level with Andrew Berkshire is available here.
- Although they haven't officially clinched, the Habs are pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot.
- Over 50,000 people attended a game between the Blue Jays and the Mets this weekend at the 'Big O'. They honoured the '94 Expos team that never had a chance to prove their worth in the playoffs, due to the player strike. MLB executives were impressed by the show of support by Expos fans.
Tim Bozon press conference:
News and notes from around the NHL
- The Toronto Maple Leafs now find themselves sitting at less than a 5% chance to make the playoffs. Our friends over at PPP have had enough.
- Rumour has it that Charles Wang is in talks to sell his majority stake in the New York Islanders .
- If you are interested in the NCAA hockey tournament, you can find a printable bracket here.
- Gustav Nyquist continues to rip up the NHL, here's one of his latest goals (spoiler: It's a beauty).
- Jonathan Toews was knocked out of the game yesterday by a big Brooks Orpik hit. Hopefully the star player recovers quickly.
- Sean McIndoe takes a look at how horrible all the Canadians teams in the NHL were this year, all but one of course.