Montreal Canadiens Links:
- Prospect Tim Bozon received some bad news. He's currently in hospital with a case of meningitis. Hopefully it was caught early enough so that he can receive the proper treatment.
- George Parros tweeted a picture of Dale Weise's lip after he took Nazem Kadri's skate to the face, you may not want to see the picture before you eat breakfast. Here it is.
- Prospect Dalton Thrower got an update regarding his ankle injury. He could be back in the Vancouver Giants lineup within a week.
- Marc Bergevin contacted goalie coach Stéphane Waite approximately 5 minutes after his contract expired with the Chicago Blackhawks. As per usual Waite is getting all the credit for Carey Price's great year, deserved or not.
- Andrei Markov once again reiterated he wanted to finish his career in Montreal. This comes along with whispers from Bruce Garrioch that the Oilers made a pitch to Montreal for the Russian defender. Considering it comes from Garrioch we can be fairly certain there's nothing to this rumour. Garrioch also mentioned that the Habs offered Subban a 7 year contract worth $49M, but again we must consider the source, and that Subban will definitely command more money than Dion Phaneuf.
- Martin Lemay thinks that the Habs mishandled the Carey Price injury.
- Davis Drewiske was placed on waivers yesterday, if he doesn't get claimed he'll be on his way to Hamilton.
- Brendan Gallagher spoke about the Olympic break, and how much it helped in terms of recovering from the fatigue brought on by the NHL season.
News and notes from around the league:
- The Minnesota Wild have been mulling over their options in net, including possibly acquiring Martin Brodeur who recently waived his NMC, and former Habs goaltender Jaroslav Halak.
- The Senators and Canucks played in the Heritage Classic over the weekend. The Penguins and Blackhawks played in an actual outdoor game at Soldier Field, which led to some great pictures.
- The Canucks announced they are going to give Pat Quinn a place in their Ring of Honour.
- Pat LaFontaine resigned as the President of Sabres Hockey Ops after only four months on the job.
- Dan Girardi signed a six year contract extension with the Rangers to the tune of $5.5M per year.