Montreal Canadiens News
Habs news and talk via twitter
A master twitter list for all your Habs news and analysis. If you don't have twitter and don't want it, but still want to follow the Habs as closely as possible, this list is for you.
- Marc Bergevin was interviewed by Chris Nilan and Sean Campbell, and gave his insight regarding Subban's relationships with Therrien, the possibility of re-signing Vanek, and Michel Therrien's performance so far.
- Mike Babcock spoke highly of P.K. Subban's role in the Olympics, as well as Carey Price's great performance.
- Babcock wasn't the only one laying praise at the feet of Carey Price. He won the 'Hickock belt' for the month of February, & was named as the best goalie in the world by Justin Goldman over at the Goalie Guild.
- Guillaume Lefrancois takes a look at the Habs current injury woes, and whether or not they can weather the storm.
- The Habs are the only 'big four' team in North America to post a winning record versus every single one of their opponents. That includes now defunct franchises as well.
- Tim Bozon's father Philippe will speak to the media today, regarding the status of his recovering son. The young prospect will drop the puck in a ceremonial face-off before game 6, as last night was his final night in hospital.
- Prospect Artturi Lehkonen signed with Frölunda of the SHL.
- Nathan Beaulieu finished 20th in HF's top prospect list. What will it take for him to replace Bouillon on the blue line? Probably a miracle.
- Martin Reway's playoffs continue to be an offensive bonanza. He finished the series vs Cape Breton with 4 goals and 7 assists in 4 games.
News and notes from around the NHL
- It's been one year since Jarome Iginla left Calgary. Matchstick and Gasoline takes a look back at the monumental trade.
- Sean Avery is at it again, you'd think he'd have faded into obscurity by now, but his antics live on.
- It was fight night between Iowa and Charlotte in the AHL. The brawls led to 230 PIMs in the third period alone.
- The Pope now owns a Flyers jersey. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.
- Bob Wage examines the issues surrounding the Carolina Hurricanes, and the changes that must be made to turn the team around.