Montreal Canadiens news
- Following the victory on Saturday versus the Maple Leafs, all eyes were on P.K. Subban. He spoke the Habs/Leafs rivalry, his career intentions, the Montreal media, and more. The piece on Subban chalk full of great quotes, definitely well worth a read.
- The Prince Albert Raiders donated some money towards the Tim Bozon trust, and also took a picture with the young man, the first we've seen of him since he fell ill with meningitis. We're rooting for you Tim!
- Good guy Price: Brian Wilde explains how Carey Price took the heat away from rookie Jarred Tinordi after his brutal giveaway against the Blue Jackets.
- Travis Moen inadvertently participated in a PSA. Don't be a glasshole, or bad things will happen.
- Prospect Mike McCarron got off to a great start in the OHL playoffs.
- Brady Vail's mother was ejected from game 2 of Windsor and London's playoff match up for throwing beer into the Knights' bench.
- Prospect Martin Reway is red hot as Gatineau takes on Cape Breton in the QJMHL playoffs. He has 7 points in two games, including four points in game one, and three points in game two.
- Ice Level with Andrew Berkshire had it's second episode yesterday, as Steve Dangle Glynn joined the crew to discuss playoffs, rivalries and player usage.
News and notes from around the league
- Oilers fans are losing patience in their pitiful team. A fan once again threw his jersey onto the ice, but this time Ben Scrivens threw it right back into the crowd.
- One of the most touching stories of the season, Matt Stajan's reaction to scoring after the loss of his infant son was a great sight to see.
- In his usual style, Eric T examines how age starts to affect shot attempts among hockey players.
- As the playoffs approach Harrison Mooney debates whether or not this is the worst year in terms of results for Canadian NHL teams.
- The NCAA college hockey tournament seeds & bracket were announced this weekend. Boston College, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Union are the top seeds. Chris Dilks takes an in-depth look at the match ups.
- Silver Sevens took a look what what most season ticket holders received in terms of perks for supporting their team. Predictably, Habs season ticket holders don't receive much compared to other fan bases.
- Some dirtbag Leafs fans have been harassing James Reimer's wife on twitter, although it's worth noting it's definitely just a dumb minority. The moral of the story is that twitter is a great outlet to express your frustrations about your favourite player, but attacking their relatives/loved ones is not only cowardly, but downright pathetic