- You'd think after all the dumb fights Brandon Prust has been getting into lately it would be a fight that would re-injure him, but no, it was a hit.
- Here is a feature on Boone Jenner. I'm a fan but man am I sick of hearing "the next Milan Lucic" about anybody. STOP LOOKING FOR THE NEXT MILAN LUCIC AND JUST LOOK FOR THE BEST PLAYER.
- Look, that first period could be summed up as follows: letting Columbus get all those quality shots on Carey Price.
- I'm not the only one who was incredibly relieved R.J. Umberger was scratched, right?
- Penalties, penalties, penalties, penalties. The Habs are annoying sometimes.
- Ryan Johansen needs to be heavily sedated.
- Max Pacioretty fighting him. Why the hell was Max Pacioretty fighting him? Nice takedown, though.
- What an abysmal second period. That was not an appropriate response to a goal against, Habs.
- Markov. On. That. 5. On. 3.
- When things go bad, they go very bad and one of the Habs' best penalty killers takes a four minute penalty.
- Lars Eller drawing that penalty shot was awesome. Him scoring would have made up for all the bad up until that point in the game.
- Thomas Vanek is ridiculous. Damn do I want to keep him.
- When Too Many Men penalties get called on your opponent, it's funny. When it's on the Bruins, it's hilarious. When it's on the Habs, it's infuriating.
- That was totally a penalty on Brendan Gallagher after he was sprung from the box.
- There was all too much BlueJacket in Carey Price's kitchen all night.
- We praised Jarred Tinordi and Mike Weaver for two games and jinxed them. I bet you Michel Therrien sits one of them for Douglas Murray next game. They were playing well, though. Just that bad turnover.
- So in summary, Montreal threw two points away by playing terribly and we really hope they beat Toronto on Saturday.
- Your EOTP Third Star of the night (I'm separating these for formatting purposes this evening): courtnall, who answered the question, "what does SMH stand for" with "Stupid Montreal Hockey."
- Your EOTP Second Star of the night: JonPublic with the sad-in-retrospect: "We we so excited
We scratchin Murray, we scratchin Parros, we playing to wiiiiin."
- Your EOTP First Star of the night: Habnonymous with
"1st Period Penalty Summary:
10:06 MTL Max Pacioretty Holding - 2 min against Fedor Tyutin
13:37 CBJ Ryan Johansen Boarding - 2 min against Alexei Emelin
15:34 CBJ Ryan Johansen Cross checking - 2 min against Brendan Gallagher
18:02 MTL Max Pacioretty Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Ryan Johansen
18:02 CBJ Ryan Johansen Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Max Pacioretty
NHL has got to get the goons out of the game."
- Here's that weird Gallagher goal: