Montreal Canadiens Links:
- Carey Price practiced with Stéphane Waite for the first time since he returned from Sochi, here are the details. There's still no clear time frame on his expected return.
- The newest Hab Thomas Vanek spoke to the media after practice on Tuesday, and elaborated on his expected role within the team.
- Josh Gorges spoke to Sean Campbell and Chris Nilan regarding his recent surgery, his role as a leader within the team, and the Habs' scoring problems.
- Brandon Prust practiced in a full contact practice, meaning he's close to returning to action. However Michael Bournival was wearing a no-contact jersey.
- Forward practice lines, not much movement there. On the blue line it appears that Francis Bouillon may be hitting the ice soon.
- Genève-Servette players will wear a logo in support of Tim Bozon during the NLA playoffs. There has been no update since Bozon was placed into an induced coma to combat the meningitis.
- Take it for what it's worth; The Fourth Period is reporting that the Habs have extended their contract offer to Andrei Markov by a year, bringing it to two years total.
News and notes from around the league:
- On a very sad note, Saginaw Spirit player Terry Trafford, who had been missing since he was sent home from the team, was found dead in his truck on Tuesday evening. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.
- Rich Peverley wasn't the only one suffering from a medical issue on Monday, as Alex Chiasson suffered a panic attack after witnessing Peverly's heart attack. The good news is that both players are doing much better.
- The 2014 NHL draft is still months away, but it's never too soon to take a look at the top prospects.
- Advanced Stats proponent Scott Cullen took a look at the role hockey played at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.
- The NHL has been polling fans in Seattle and Las Vegas, ahead of a possible expansion.
- Dion Phaneuf is one of the biggest hitters in the game: JVR felt the fury last night.