Montreal Canadiens links
- P.K Subban made the best of his auxiliary role at the Olympics. In classic Subban fashion he enjoyed every minute of it.
- Brian Wilde took a look at the delicate situation surrounding Andrei Markov and his current contract talks.
- Arpon Basu was on Mitch Melnick's show, and spoke about the Sochi experience.
- Kevin Weekes touched upon Carey Price's renewed sense of confidence following his fantastic performance at the Olympics.
- Prospect Sven Andrighetto spoke about his development in Hamilton and his desire to help the team win. (French)
- Mathias Brunet opined on Carey Price and his incredible voyage to the top. (French)
- The Habs revealed their post-Olympic practice lineup. Price and Subban did not practice due to a CBA loophole protecting Olympians. Pacioretty however chose to practice.
- Both Michael Bournival and Brandon Prust are expected to miss today's game versus the Red Wings. However they both practiced yesterday.
- Peter Budaj will get the start vs the Red Wings, which means that Carey Price is probably still adjusting a little to the time shift, as goalies definitely need to be 100% focused for every game.
Other news and links from around the league
- Chris Boyle dissected Canada's dominance at the Olympics.
- Good news on the John Tavares front, his MCL injury from the Olympics will not require surgery.
- Defending Big D wrote an in depth piece on Olympian Jamie Benn and his effect on the Dallas Stars.
- Lighthouse Hockey takes a look at the pieces that the Islanders may move come trade deadline, including Thomas Vanek and Andrew MacDonald.
- Staying on the trade rumour front, Martin St.Louis and Ryan Callahan have both been named in several rumours, Blueshirt Banter evaluates the possibilities.
- Adam Gretz took a retrospective look at hockey in the Olympics; The good, the bad and the ugly.