- Therrien continues to ride the stupid by playing Murray with Beaulieu. The kid comes up as strong as we've seen an AHL graduate play and he gets the boat anchor ridding shotgun. It seems to be an odd mischaracterization of Murray as somehow good at defense, while the guy whose best at keeping shots and goals against sits in his sted. Murray is almost twice as likely to give up a goal and half again likely to give up a goal as Diaz but he hits so he can play the 'defensive" defenseman role.
- They got matched up against St. Louis tonight too. Seriously, WTF?
- Diaz is like Leblanc, not a standout at anything so he gets under-rated at how effective he is.
-Bournival with some crummy luck in not playing tonight just after he started to add a dynamic element to the Plekanec line.
- Emelin seems to have recovered somewhat, so perhaps the top 4 isn't sunk anymore.
- On the other hand, Subban has fallen off a cliff. He hasn't been PK Norris, except for short flashes, for months now.
- CBC really wants this game to be about Martin St. Louis.
- Habs are getting crunched at puck possession by a team missing its best two centerman. The renaissance seems to be a blip just like the Chicago game.
- If your getting crushed, its good to do it in a boring game though. Leads to an OT point.
- Technically, only Montreal scored in regular time tonight. Unfortunately one was their own net and hence the loss.
- Why don't the Habs seem to care about guarding the blueline? Don't see how well other teams stymie them there?
- Beaulieu looks really good folks. I'm curious to see if Tinordi can come in and take Murray's job. Seems the only way we'll be free of the Burray Blues with Diaz in exile.
- Lars Eller is doing so much good for so little result.
- CBC has no idea what is going on in Montreal. What else is new.
- So crazyness happened during the timeout. Bishop should have got a misconduct and Price shouldn't have gotten a penalty. Not going to get that worked up about it.
- Elliote Friedman was just like you smart people in noticing that Gudas' early hit on Gallagher resulted in Pacioretty getting a chance to take the puck to the net. He's pretty clever relative to his teamates on the panel.
- Plekanec and Desharnais lines more or less function in their roles. Montreal really needs to get back to what they had last year though, with the 4th line not being a home for Parros and Eller's line set up to do some scoring. Beyond the system and the defense, this is the Habs big obvious problem.
-Therrien delenda est.
Tonight's EOTP 3 Stars:
That’s a Murray hat trick. A hit, a rush, cause a penalty shot.
2. by Jean-Francois G. on Feb 1, 2014 | 12:40 PM
RDS unwittingly shows the most damning indictment of Therrien's system
- Complete coverage of Habs vs Lightning
- Canadiens vs. Lightning - Game Preview
- Habs vs Bruins scoring chances
- Canadiens at Bruins recap: Budaj beats Bruins again
- Friday Habs Links: Team Canada is safe with Price
- Top Six Minutes: Habs beat Bruins. That is all.
- P-A Parenteau for PK Subban? Let's embrace the crazy.
- Christian Thomas called up by the Montreal Canadiens
- 24CH Recap: Season 2, Episode 16