The Canadiens announced that the hulking forward is on his way to Michigan to meet with a specialist.
Parros, known league-wide for his cerebral approach to fighting, has never had to deal with knockout over his fight filled career, however after an incident in the opening game of the year left him with his first major concussion of his NHL career.
Shortly after his debut with Montreal, he slipped during a fight with Colton Orr, and smashed his face into the ice leading him to miss 12 games.
The fight versus Boulton was going Parros' way until he was hit with a huge uppercut that wobbled the Princeton graduate. He tried to go to the penalty box, but was quickly escorted to the locker room once it was apparent he was struggling with his balance.
Update on George Parros - he left this morning to University of Michigan to see a specialist.— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) January 2, 2014
Good luck with the recovery, George. Health first, always.
- World Juniors 2014 Game Recap & Highlights: Canada vs Switzerland - On to the semifinals!
- World Juniors 2014 Game Thread: Canada vs Switzerland
- 2013-14 Game 42: Montreal Canadiens at Dallas Stars
- World Juniors 2014 Game Thread: USA vs Russia
- Team USA announces their roster for the Olympic games in Sochi