For our new readers and members, Top Six Minutes is a brief overview of the Habs game, and a continuation of the discussion threads usually happens in the comments. We try to keep it light and entertaining, even when the Habs make it hard. Full recaps/analysis/walks of shame go up the morning after every game.
- Big thanks to Laura for tagging me in for this edition of TSM. Hope this will entertain you more than the game we’re about to watch will.
- If that last dot point didn’t give it away I’m doing this live.
- Getting this out of the way now: The Devils are worse than watching paint dry, grass grow and turtles of the non-teenage mutant variety walk.
- Looking at the wildcard standings, the Devils are like a 75 year old morbidly obese person: You have no idea how but they’ve stuck around.
- A ton of talk about Jagr wanting to come to the Habs 3 times but kept getting turned away. I haven’t seen a European get rejected that much since Charles Darwin went to church.
- I’m still pretty high on the Habs win over the Blackhawks. Figure it will dissipate soon enough.
- Begins watching Habs-Devils game.
- There it goes.
- The Habs have beaten the Devils twice this season which marked the first two wins for the Habs against the Devils in franchise history.
- Finding out pre-game that Desharnais is out and that Lars Eller is playing with Max Pacioretty is like going to your garage to get in your civic and finding a Ferrari there instead.
Do you think George Parros’ moustache is conscious?
Bournival-Briere-Bourque must have some people who don’t know who Rene Bourque is pretty happy.
Max Pacioretty’s shot went mach 2
- In Brodeur's defense the cataracts couldn't have helped with that shot.
- I haven't eaten Brendan Gallagher's burger but I can imagine it tastes just like plays: Like sandpaper.
- Gionta gets a free pass to noogie his younger brother all game. It's a rule look it up.
- Jagr had his way with the Canadiens and left because he had an early meeting.
- The scales were pretty balanced for the 1st period which is odd considering Brodeur weighs 300 pounds.
- You all have the pleasure of reading this without a 17 minute intermission.
- The Devils' second goal comes a point where I begin wondering if having a powerplay gives the team with said powerplay an advantage.
- The Devils are now up 3-1 and I'm wondering how the Canadiens beat the Blackhawks.
- The Habs are a maddening Hockey team. They'll probably win this game.
- I'm convinced an alien is living inside Martin Brodeur operating a series of complicated controls from inside him brain. Like that old guy from Men In Black.
- Carey Price destroys Michael Ryder with goaltending.
- Brendan Gallagher scores! Wait, did he? Yes. But we're waiting anyways.
- NHL officiating is worse than farting in an elevator when you're alone and then someone comes in that elevator.
- Brodeur is so cocky with the puck. Surprised he hasn't been burned more and then forced out of the league due to a terrible GAA.
- I haven't seen reffing this terrible since last night when several NHL games were played.
- I whited out due to rage for about 5 minutes there. Hope I didn't miss anything good.
- It turns out that furiously typing isn't a fantastic frustration outlet.
- I want to slap Therrien in face and yell "Stop putting Bourque on the powerplay" like in the movies.
- 20 minutes of Devils Hockey left this season.
- 10 minutes of Devils Hockey left this season
- What's really strange is that Rene Bourque was voted "Most likely to make Montreal Canadiens fans wish he was never born" in high school.
- Dear Diary, today I met a pretty girl....wait...wrong thread.
- If I have a nickel for every time the Habs passed instead of shot tonight I would have 3 nickels that I now want to throw in your face.
- I wonder if the puck official keeps pucks in his freezer at home because he'd feel weird if he didn't.
- We're done in Montreal. the Habs lose 4-1 to the Devils but we all win because we don't have to watch the Devils anymore until October.
- This edition was brought to you by HabsLaughs: Think outside the bun.
The Highlights -
Jaromir Jagr scores to pass Mark Messier and reach 7th on all time goals list:
Max Pacioretty scores a goal to get our hopes up:
Carey Price proves why he should probably win the Vezina/Hart this season:
Gallagher's disallowed goal:
- 2013-14 Game 47: Montreal Canadiens vs New Jersey Devils
- 2014 Mid-term Habs Top 25 Under 25: The near misses
- 24CH Flash: Carey Price and P.K. Subban learn they've made Team Canada
- Canadiens vs Devils: Game Preview
- Tuesday Habs Links: Should Plekanec be a Selke candidate?
- Max Pacioretty likes to stick his tongue out
- 2014 Mid-term Habs Top 25 Under 25: The graduate and the departed
- Catching The Torch: Dec. 6 to Jan. 12th