We've been waiting a long, long time, but we finally get to see P.K. Subban lace up his skates for Team Canada today. Yesterday's healthy scratch had the twitter world lighting virtual cop cars on fire, as is Montreal tradition, but Subban gets his chance.
Also getting their chances are Roberto Luongo, who will be looking to outdo Carey Price's performance against Norway, not that it would matter in my opinion, and Matt Duchene, who will be pushing for a spot on the fourth line, even though he should be pushing Chris Kunitz out of the lineup.
Duchene and Subban should bring an element of speed that was conspicuously absent from Canada's game against Norway, especially through the neutral zone. Shea Weber and Drew Doughty both scored from the point for Canada, but outside of Doughty there seemed to be a distinct lack of dynamic offense from the defense, or at least offensive creativity.
Austria is technically a weaker team overall than Norway, but they do boast two legitimate NHL level offensive threats in Thomas Vanek and Michael Raffl, who Luongo is going to have to watch carefully.
Puck drop is at 12:00 pm EST on CBC, and you can stream it live here. It is also available in French. If you have an international IP you can watch the game here. You can find the game on TV in Canada via CBC, and in the United States on the USA Network. It's also available via a radio feed.
(links will be updated as they're available closer to game time)
- For Canadians, winning hockey gold is a relief
- A good start for Canada
- Olympic medal count
- Game Thread: Canada vs Norway
- USA destroys Slovakia 7-1
- Game Thread: Russia vs Slovenia
- Olympic Rankings: Canada remains on top
- Game Thread: USA vs. Slovakia
- Game Thread: Finland vs Austria Men's Hockey
- Sweden doubles up Czech Republic
- Game Thread: Sweden vs Czech Republic
- Habs' Olympic statistics
- Canadian women assert their dominance
- Game Thread: Canada vs USA Women's Hockey
- Men's hockey lines & reactions