The last time these two teams met in an Olympic setting was the opening game of the Vancouver Olympics, where Canada blew Norway out of the water by a score of 8-0.
Not enough has changed this time around to expect a different score, however Norway will definitely look to tighten up defensively and absorb the Canadian charge.
The Norwegians only feature one NHL player in their lineup, Mats Zuccarello. The rest of the team is primarily composed of players from the SHL, the KHL and the Norwegian league.
Montreal's very own Carey Price is slated to get the start, however this is not a definite indication of who will start game three versus Finland. Roberto Luongo is expected to get the start versus Austria on Friday.
P.K. Subban is a healthy scratch after all, as Babcock has decided to go with Dan Hamhuis in the first game. Matt Duchene will sit as well.
Mike Babcock is still tinkering with his lines, however these are the lines that were being used at practice:
Kunitz - Crosby - Carter
Nash - Getzlaf - Perry
Marleau - Toews - Sharp
Bergeron - Tavares - Benn
Keith - Weber
Vlasic - Doughty
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Keep in mind that Babcock is allowed to use 7 defencemen and 13 forwards each game.
Norway's projected lineup:
Zuccarello - Skreder - Thoresen
Olimb - Bastiansen - Olimb
Roymark - Hansen - Holtet
Dahlstrom - Forsberg - Olisen
Tollefsen - Trygg
Bonsaken - Holos
Odegaard - Solberg
Puck drop is at 12:00 pm EST on CBC, and you can stream it live here. It is also available in French. If you have an international IP you can watch the game here. You can find the game on TV in Canada via CBC, and in the United States on the USA Network. It's also available via a radio feed.
(links will be updated as they're available closer to game time)
- For Canadians, winning hockey gold is a relief
- Game Thread: Price starts for Canada vs Finland
- Olympic medal count
- Winter Olympics 2014 Men's Hockey: USA vs Slovenia
- Olympic Hockey Schedule for February 16
- Sweden holds on to defeat Latvia
- Olympic Rankings: Canada remains on top
- The T.J. Oshie Show
- Game Thread: USA vs Russia
- Olympic Hockey Schedule for February 15
- Carter puts up a natural hatty in Canadian blowout
- Game Thread: Canada vs Austria
- Alfredsson scores a late winner
- Game Thread: Sweden vs Switzerland
- Game Thread: Czech Republic vs Latvia