- How awesome was that?
- The Canadiens took hold of their fate. Boston has to win tomorrow to take the Northeast Division. 15th to 2nd in the span of one season feels pretty nice.
- The Habs didn't let up from a possession standpoint until the game was way out of reach, chasing James Reimer to make it 4-1. At their high point, they were dummying the Leafs at 68.2% Fenwick.
- With 7 powerplays spanning 11:44, the Maple Leafs managed a dismal 5 shots.
- Lars Eller was the first star of the game, and he more than deserved it. The "possible 3rd liner at best" according to Pierre McGuire finishes the season with a career high 30 points, 2 more than David Desharnais, with fewer games played and 2 minutes per game less on the penalty kill.
- Great Dane? No.
- Greatest Dane.
- P.K. Subban couldn't manage a point, so he wasn't the first Canadiens defenseman to lead the team in scoring since Sprague Cleghorn in 1922. But his points per game pace was the best on the team.
- Instead, Max Pacioretty leads the team in points for the second straight season with 39 points.
- Brendan Gallagher leads all rookies in goals on the season with 15 in just 44 games. Think he hits 30 next season?
- Gallagher is excellent, but at this point there's no question in my mind that Alex Galchenyuk would win the Calder Trophy is the season was 82 games long. Kid is only getting better, and his chemistry with Eller is out of this world.
- Habs with 30 points on the season: Pacioretty, Subban, Michael Ryder, Tomas Plekanec, Lars Eller, and Andrei Markov, who isn't as done as fans think.
- Jarred Tinordi was asked to be a presence by Michel Therrien. 11 hits in 2 games, leading the team in both games, he's been awesome.
- Peter Budaj is once again impressive. He faced 7 shots through 40 minutes, then stopped all 10 in the third period when the Canadiens stopped playing.
- The Leafs are st00pidheads.
- JD_ on Markov's goal that maybe went in off of Leo Komarov's hangy bits: "If you don't think Marky intentionally nicked Komarovy's tea bags, whilst sending that one home, I have news for you."
- Dr. Habs with Coach's Corner in one single image:
- NolanKB with some awesome irony: "Let me remind everyone that Eller was selected with a pick that was supposed to belong to Toronto, that they traded for Vesa Toskala."
All three stars were good enough to be the first star IMO, so I put them in random order. So really it's just three first stars tonight.