Earlier this morning Pension Plan Puppets made a declaration. They want to raise $2000 for charity or they will close off their comments section for all 4 games of their inevitable first round sweep.
In order to encourage people to donate, they offered the following incentives:Donate $20: PPP, our mystery guest and I will thank you publicly on twitter.
Donate $50: All three of us will tweet a link to your website whenever you want.
Donate $100: One of us, your choice, will write a guest post on a topic of your choosing at your blog.
Donate $150: PPP and I will send you an autographed high res print of us at Wendel Clark's jersey retirement night.
Donate $500: I will send you a Leafs jersey out of my personal collection (my choice). (This will not be worth $500 and is probably a bad idea - my jersey collection is brutal).
Obviously, only one of these really appeals to us, and that's making them write about what we want them to write about.
Here is my idea; Let's pool our resources. [DETAILS ON DONATIONS HERE]
Not only is it for a great cause, but I can already think of several things it would pain these guys to write and have their names attributed to forever. Together, we could have them write a bunch of them.
Here are some ideas I have, and I've only thought about this for five minutes:
- Have them write about how the Canadiens would have swept the Maple Leafs in 1993 anyway, so complaining about it is pathetic.
- Have them write about how Kerry Fraser didn't really miss Gretzky's high stick, but Doug Gilmour dove and cut himself to draw a call because he's gutless.
- Have them write about how Wendel Clark is actually the league's most notorious wuss, and every fight he won, his opponent was paid off to take the fall.
- Have them write a convincing argument for Tyler Bozak to get an 8 year extension at 5M+ per year, and for his number to be honoured when he retires.
- Have them write about how Damien Cox is the best sportswriter in the history of sports and writing.