Max Pacioretty previously went 10 games without scoring a goal, and busted the slump against the Hurricanes.
- Pacioretty was mired in another slump coming into tonight with 1 goal in 12 games, and once sgain the Hurricanes proved to be slumpbusters™.
- Carey Price wasn't bad against the Bruins, but getting pulled in that game seemed to have refocused his game. He's nearly unbeatable right now.
- Jeff Halpern also busted a scoring slump that had lasted the entire season, and with it came Nathan Beaulieu's first NHL point.
- Halpern was named first star of the game, which is awesome when you consider that the fans voted for it.
Andrei Markov was named the second star of the game, which was not as intelligent. Despite his PP goal, his -10 Fenwick and -13 Corsi isn't very flattering.
- David Desharnais had 6 shots, Brendan Gallagher had 4, Pacioretty had 5. That line shoots a lot. Desharnais deserved a goal tonight, but it makes sense he would get some back puck luck now after he scored at will earlier in the year.
- P.K. Subban is tied with Kris Letang for the lead in points among defensemen. Norris.
- Nolan KB with this: "The Blackhawks paid a 4th round pick for Handzus. We got Halpern for free.Think about that for a second."
- Courtnall on which defensemen have been better than Francis Bouillon: "The post has been better than Cube."
- TrevaDaddy in response to my fake Prust trade, and his first though this morning: "My first thought was fuck Berkshire I can tell you that."