Michael Ryder scores his 100th goal in a Canadiens jersey - USA TODAY Sports
The Montreal Canadiens just finished a stretch of 6 games in 9 nights, and they went 4-1-1. 5 straight games on the road to end it. Now they get a well deserved break.
- The Montreal Canadiens, who finished 15th in a 15 team conference last season, 28th in a 30 team league, are 17-5-4 on the season.
- Even more impressive, they're 11-1-3 in their last 15 games. That is kind of absurd.
- Michael Ryder scored his 100th goal in a Canadiens jersey off of a great tip on a P.K. Subban shot. Then he scored his 101st on the exact same play late in the game.
- Francis Bouillon also scored two goals tonight, one for each team.
- Brandon Prust chirped Bouillon from the sidelines after the game, which makes me like him even more:
Frankie boo with 2 goals tonight! #whataplayer!— Brandon Prust (@BrandonPrust8) March 11, 2013
- The Canadiens have a 9-0-0 record against the Southeast division and have swept the season series against the Florida Panthers.
- Alexei Emelin has as many points in his last 7 games as he had all of last season. I kid you not.
- P.K. Subban trails only Kris Letang in points per game among defensemen. Considering how much better defensively he is than Letang, are we going to begin hearing Norris Trophy talk?
- TSN-Habs mentioned that the Canadiens are leading the league in scoring from the blueline.
- The Canadiens also lead the league in number of players with 10 points, with 13 players. 2nd is the Hawks with 11.
- Brendan Gallagher led the team with 7 shots after a couple games where he was slightly less effective (ignoring the game winner yesterday of course).
- Fenwick events favoured the Habs 55-22 in the game. That's insane. Florida is both terrible and injured as can be, but the Canadiens should be tired, and instead they curb stomped a weak team.
- No three stars tonight for aforementioned reasons of me being insanely busy.
- Brian Gionta has quietly become the Canadiens' second leading goal scorer. Maybe it shouldn't have been so quiet, he's been amazing.