In last night's Top Six Minutes, Andrew made an awesome Game of Throne reference, by nicknaming Ben Bishop "the Mountain that Skates", based on Gregor Clegane "the Mountain that Rides".
Following which a discussion started about that, and I stated wanting to find a GoT alter-ego to each Habs player. Which obviously prompted fellow Habs and Got fans to ask me to do a fan post about it.
So I obliged. Here I go. Of course, these are merely suggestions, feel free to make your own proposals in the comments. Especially since I lack imagination. Plus, once you eliminate all the unlikeable GoT characters, it begins to be really hard (yeah, I don't want to put an a**h*** as an hab alter-ego, sue me).
Also, a friendly reminder : not everybody has read the books (although you really should), so no spoilers when justifying your choices (but books 1 and 2/season 1 and 2 are fair game).
Bonus points for those who find alter-egos for past Habs.
Extra bonus points for those who do a little photoshop magic.
So let's go. I'm going to begin with two awesome suggestions, courtesy of Stephan Cooper :
- Max Pacioretty as Beric Dondarrion. Keeps dying and coming back to life.
- PK Subban as Jon Snow. Talented, but constantly gets shit on.
And here are mine:
- Ryan White as Tyrion Lanister. Because he's small and pisses everybody off on the other teams.
- Andrei Markov as Ser Barristan Selmy. The General is our Lord commander of the Kingsguard.
- Brandon Prust as Bronn. Doesn't look like much, but quite effective in their role.
- Alex Galchenyuk as Loras Tyrell. Both are young, talented, and have a hot sister.
- Tomas Plekanec as Sir Jorah Mormont. Just so loyal.
- Carey Price as Ned Stark. Always trying to do the right thing, always fucked over, sometimes by their own kind.
- Josh Gorges as Ser Davos Seaworth. One gave his fingers for his king, the other played with half a knee for his team.
- Rene Bourque as Jaime Lannister. You used to hate them both, but reluctanly you warm up to them.
- Alexei Emelin as Khal Drogo. If Drogo played hockey, he would hit as hard as Emelin.
- Erik Cole as Ser Brynden ‘the Blackfish’ Tully. Seasoned veteran is their middle name.
- Colby Armstrong as Quentyn Martell. Without spoiling it, let's just say that both their appearance on the Habs and in A Song of Ice And Fire will be short-lived...
- Peter Budaj as Podrick Payne. Just like the squire, Budaj shouldn't have to do much more than helping Price put on his equipment.
- Brian Gionta as Oberyn Martell. Veteran savvy.
- Yannick Weber as Robb Stark. Both are fucked, they just don't know it yet.
- Petteri Nokelainen as Bran Stark. One can't walk, the other can't skate (OK that's just mean).- Michel Therrien as Thoros of Myr. Don't really know why, but I can just picture it.
- Marc Bergevin as Stannis Baratheon. Both want to show they are top dog.
And as a bonus, a prospect and past Habs:
- Sebastian Collberg as Syrio Forel. If you have seen one of his shootout moves, you know he's one heck of a water dancer.
- Maxim Lapierre as Peter Baelish. They have the same smirk.
- Andrei Kostitsyn as Jaqen H'ghar. Enigmatic is their second name.
And since I really want to use some of the evil characters:
- PJ Stock as Theon Greyjoy. They think they're so clever, and yet they're so stupid they don't even realize it
- Brad Marchand as Joffrey Baratheon. Quite obvious isn't it?
- Don Cherry as Maester Pycelle. Old farts. Enough said.
- Zdeno Chara as an Other. Just because.
Let's see what you can come-up with.