Thoughts on tonight's game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Carolina Hurricanes
- So not a whole lot happened, although it kind of did. The Canadiens played extremely well for much of the first two, I thought, doing all the little things right, but the big things just weren't happening.
- And then Brandon Prust scored, and it was glorious.
- And then Tomas Plekanec scored, and it was gorgeous.
- And then Max Pacioretty scored, and it was hilarious.
- Poor Cam Ward, man. Carey Price is making saves from the bench, and he's letting in goals that might as well have been scored from the bench.
Jordan Staal is apparently now regularly shaving and showering, which makes him and Eric look interchangeable. Except, like, on the ice and stuff.
- P.K. Subban? Beast.
- Lars Eller? Beast.
- Alex Galchenyuk? Beast.
- Max Pacioretty? Beast.
- Tomas Plekanec? Underrated, understated Beast.
- Man advantage? Beast...ly.
- Seriously, the power play is UGLAY. I didn't think they could look worse than they did vs the Flyers and then they did. They look like a scrambly mess out there, although you could see they were trying to try new things on a couple of them.
- .Alexander Semin did not scare me. Did Semin scare you?
- The Hurricanes look to be the most dangerous (lol) of the Southeast teams and they aren't doing too badly right now. I was worried, Habs starting Budaj against them, etc. I don't think they played well, but as I said above, the Habs kept doing all the little things right. And Budaj held his own.
- EOTP's Three Stars of the night:
3rd star: Cam Ward
2nd star: Cam Ward
1st star: Cam Ward