When Michel Therrien was hired, most of the discussion centered around how this was the worst idea the Canadiens have had since the Roy trade, or the Cammalleri trade, or allowing Pierre McGuire to interview for a management position. But how much do we REALLY know about the head coach of our favourite team? Here are a few things we managed to find out.
- He is planning to use Francis Bouillon on the top offensive line next game. On Saturday, Bouillon is expected to start in goal, and by next week Bouillon will be an assistant coach.
- He likes the Lemon-Lime flavour of Gatorade the best, so he always drinks the Fruit Punch one.
- He doesn't mind when veteran players die of exhaustion, because these younger, more skilled players are acting up by like, trying and stuff.
- His parenting philosophy: if you have a 4.0 GPA but got a detention one time three years ago, you're grounded this weekend.
- There was a great deal on a trip to Europe the other day, so he booked an expensive cruise to Alaska instead.
- He's pretty mad at the Canadiens' travel coordinator, who keeps giving Lars Eller the correct travel information.
- When looking for a house last summer, he saw a beautiful move-in condition one right next to the practice facility in Brossard. Then he bought a fixer-upper in Trois-Rivieres.
- He's really into cooking. In fact, he frequently cooks elaborate gourmet meals for the whole family. Then he throws it all out and takes them all to Harvey's.
- He benches P.K. Subban while playing Raphael Diaz on the penalty kill instead.