Canadiens vs Devils Top Six Minutes - I... Um... What? Edition

Al Bello

This game defies explanation, but the Canadiens beat the Devils in a shootout.

  • So I wrote most of this Top Six before this game turned exciting so I'm leaving in the first bullet point because I had to erase most of the rest and blank pages stress me out.
  • So half-way through the third, I wrote: a home-and-home with New Jersey? Who in Saku's name came up with that idea? Is the NHL suffering from a Too Many Fans problem and therefore needs to get rid of a few? OH MY GOD. AT LEAST BREAK IT UP WITH LIKE A TAMPA GAME OR SOMETHING.
  • So I said that. Hahahaha.
  • Per media by-laws, I must spend 75 per cent of this piece talking about Reid Boucher and the other 25 per cent talking about Subban's ugly turnover.
  • Luckily, this is a space in which we can talk about whatever the hell we want, so I'm not going to discuss either, because tired narratives done to death, etc. GOD I love blogging.
  • Anyway. Montreal played like a bunch of idiots, and the only reason they didn't find themselves down like 5-1 after playing like that is because they were playing against the Devils. Luckily as the Devils got tired, they started playing like idiots as well, which resulted in a million goals in four minutes. Then a hilarious overtime and a shootout win.
  • Two points the Habs did not deserve. Four points the Habs did not deserve. Thanks, New Jersey.
  • So yeah, maybe never play like that again, Habs.
  • Brian Wilde tweeted that the Habs are the only team in the league with a Top-5 power play and a Top-5 penalty kill. How about that.
  • That Brandon Prust upper cut. I could watch that all day.
  • Fun fact: Michael Ryder has scored 100 per cent of his NHL goals against the Habs. Even when he was on the Habs.
  • I checked the Extra Skater for this game during the third and the site laughed at me.
  • Were any of you watching on TSN? I don't know if RDS has the same problem but at some point in the broadcast it went into standard def and... yikes. How did we ever watch sports before HD?
  • Used to be when Markov had a bad game, the Habs would have a bad game. Now it's more like when either Markov or Subban have a bad game, the Habs have a bad game.
  • Did you see P.K. Subban leap onto Peter Budaj after that win? Translated into English, that leap meant "now I don't have to answer 948983 questions about how I cost us the game."
  • I'm tired of whining about Francis Boullion.
  • Rene Bourque compliment of the night: this is getting hard with him missing so many games but... um... he didn't commit a costly turnover tonight. Yeah. Take that, JD__.
  • EOTP Third Star: Galahadenough with: C'mon, Desharnais couldn't get his stick over the crossbar standing on his tiptoes!
  • EOTP Second Star: HFX-HabFan with: Get on the bus as fast as you can, and get out of town. Don’t make eye contact with anyone. Just go. Take the two points and run!
  • EOTP First Star: Pinkoir with: tic-tac-no - Wow, we're really putting the word "ass" back into the word "pass."
  • In all honestly, I have no idea how, what, why, or anything else about this game. Let's just take the win and not try to explain it.
  • IS IT TOMORROW YET? Bring on the Big, Bad, Boston Bruins. I hate them so much. And I'm so happy tomorrow is finally here.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

Join Eyes On The Prize

You must be a member of Eyes On The Prize to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Eyes On The Prize. You should read them.

Join Eyes On The Prize

You must be a member of Eyes On The Prize to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Eyes On The Prize. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9355_tracker