Welcome to the innagural edition of the EOTP Quiz.
Here are the rules and information you need to get going: Contest rules.
Without further ado, here is your first question:
Not long after the 1972 Summit Series, a NHL GM suggested that NHL pros had an unimaginative powerplay and could stand to learn from the Russian's system of slick passing outside the defensive formation to create good scoring chances.
However this strategy had already been used in North America by a particular hockey club in the 1950s.
Name the team & powerplay unit (all 5 players) that employed this strategy.
Bonus points/Hint: This powerplay unit was so dominant that they forced an NHL rule change. What particular rule was changed and what was it changed to?
- World Juniors 2014: Canada vs Switzerland pre-tournament game thread
- 24CH Recap: Season 2, Episode 11
- Canadiens vs Predators Game Recap: "Le shift" wins it for the Habs
- World Juniors 2014 Game Recap: Canada decimated by Sweden
- World Juniors 2014: Canada vs Sweden pre-tournament game thread
- Top Six Minutes: The Good, The Bad and The Murray
- Habs vs Predators: Scoring chances
- Game Recap: Misery in Missouri
- 2014 WJHC - Canada vs. Finland - Pre-Tournament Game Recap
- The Montreal Canadiens announce 12-Year regional broadcast deal with RDS
- The Pocket Rocket hits 1000 points