Montreal Canadiens Links
The Canadiens' streak came to a crashing halt, as the Habs were destroyed by the Los Angeles Kings at the Bell Centre last night. In case you missed it, here are highlights and Laura's customary hot take.
For those with masochistic tendencies, or an interest in the Kings' perspective, here's the recap from their side.
Around The NHL
News has leaked out of the NHL's ongoing Board of Governor's meetings that the NHL will have a new cap number of 71.1 million dollars for the 2014-15 season. For a Habs team with a bevy of young stars to sign, this is welcome (and expected) news.
Asked for his opinion of the Thornton-Orpik fiasco, enforcer Jay Rosehill (who happens to be an employee of the Canadiens next opponent, the Philadelphia Flyers) used the opportunity to state that 98% of people would prefer that fighting remain a part of the game.
Alexander Ovechkin scored four times last night, a feat normally reserved for any time he plays the Habs. The last goal featured a particularly enthusiastic celebration.
This one has been floating around the blogosphere for a few days, but if you haven't seen it, and maintain a macabre enjoyment of the odd gruesome skate cut, here's an image of a LNAH player's face following a close encounter with a skate.
- Top Six Minutes - A royal mess in Montreal
- Complete coverage of the Habs loss to the Kings
- 24CH Recap: Season 2, Episode 9
- Do the Boston Bruins reap what they sow?
- Olivier's Habs ups and downs: Week 10
- Andrew's Habs ups and downs: Week 10
- Catching the Torch: Your weekly Habs prospect update
- Tuesday Habs Links: Subban might actually make Team Canada