As part of an ongoing exposé, we've been keeping tabs on the best of the worst in the world of embellishment. Hover over the GIFs to make them start.
Take a minute and enjoy the recap of the most noteworthy flops, dives and theatrics in the last month of NHL action.
1. The Night JvR almost died
I hesitated to put this one on the list, because it's apparent that JvR suffered a major laceration of the leg. In a cutting-edge surgery that the Leafs kept under wraps, surgeons managed to re-attach JvR's tendons. They did such a great job that he didn't miss any NHL action.
2. Scumbag Roussel
3. Drew Doughty gets hit with an invisible anvil.
First of all I didn't know ACME had managed to perfect their invisibility cloaks, and it's even stranger that they installed one on an anvil and dropped it on Doughty's head, but that seems to be what happened.
4. Couture believes he can fly
Someone's been listening to too much R.Kelly. Spread those wings Logan!
5. The best player in the world
Is it sad or hilarious that Giroux has more dives than goals this year?
6. The Price is Flop.
Price does get bumped, but either he fell into a split-second convulsion (aka to 'Ribeiro'), or he did his best to fool the notoriously dim-witted referees.
I'd like to laugh at this, but I honestly think Krejci is the one who got the last laugh. He's getting paid to play hockey and all the while he's been practicing his true passion, figure skating. Landeskog was penalized on this play for getting in the way of Krejci's triple axel attempt.
By singling out Krejci's jump, we can see he still has to work on his form, but his practice has clearly paid off:
Keep practicing David. Your grace and finesse reminds us of a young Elizabeth Manley. You just need to learn how to stick the landing.
8. If Jeff Petry wrote a rap song, you know exactly what lyrics he'd use.
"....throw your hands in the air and wave them like you just don't care..."
9. Ju must be Jokinen
10. If a branch lands on Joffery Lupul in a forest, and no one is around, does he still flop?
Yes. Yes he does.
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- The H does not stand for Habs
- Dive Files: October's best
- Thursday Habs Links: Mike Vernon convinced Patrick Roy to leave
- Ears on the Prize Episode 11: Podcast
- Bulldogs play most complete game of season, win 5-1
- Highlights and postgame comments from the Habs' win over Minnesota
- Game Recap: Pacioretty hat trick leads to a rout
- Habs vs Wild: Scoring chances
- Wednesday Habs Links: How good is Carey Price?
- Top Six Minutes: Max Pacioretty Has Something To Show You, Haters
- Max Pacioretty's natural hat trick against the Wild
- What are the Habs' odds at representing their countries in Sochi?