Remember yesterday when Max Pacioretty said the team needed to push the offense more? Well he backed it up with a natural hat trick. Pacioretty's brilliant play has also boosted David Desharnais, who has his first multi-point game of the season and made to great looking passes to set up Max's first two goals.
The second pass looked like it was a hope play and he was lucky Pacioretty was there, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt for once and assume it was a great pass.
The Habs kept pushing after the hatty too, with Michael Bournival scoring his 6th of the season to make it 4-0.
There were a few tense moments at the end of the second period, with Alexei Emelin making two brutal defensive zone giveaways, but no damage was done.
Intermission reading from Eyes On The Prize:
- Canadiens vs. Wild - Game Preview
- Bulldogs Player of the Week: Dustin Tokarski
- Tuesday Habs Links - Hudon lights it up for the Q
- Fight breaks out at Bulldogs practice
- Montreal Canadiens scoring chances after 20 games
- Catching The Torch: Nov. 11-17 Edition
- Habs vs Rangers: Scoring chances
- Monday Habs Links: Martin Reway scores at will
- Is Douglas Murray the worst defenseman in the NHL?
- Carey Price flashes the leather