Max Pacioretty broke in on the Winnipeg Jets midway through the first period, and was held awkwardly by James Wright. Pacioretty's legs went separate directions and he needed help to get off the ice, showing great discomfort.
As always with Pacioretty we don't know whether he'll be back at any moment, but it looked really bad. My guess is that he suffered a groin injury of some kind, hopefully not anything that requires surgery.
We'll keep you updated on Pacioretty's injury, but for now I doubt he's going to be playing anymore tonight, or in the next few games.
Update: Pacioretty is done for the night according to NHL.com's Jets correspondent:
Pacioretty is done for the night.— PATRICK WILLIAMS (@pwilliamsNHL) October 16, 2013
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Pierre McGuire and taking the easy way out
- How did fights impact the Montreal Canadiens last season?
- Catching the Torch: October 7-13 Edition
- 24CH Season two, episode two - a recap
- Breaking Down Film - Defensive Coverage and the Empty Net Offense