- Right off the bat, Montreal goes to the PK... Here we go.
- They killed it, nice. Let's do that one more time though, just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke.
- Looks like we're mixing up the lines tonight. Maybe Alex Galchenyuk, Brendan Gallagher and Lars Eller hate the term "EGG line" more than we thought.
- Or maybe Michel Therrien is tired of watching three guys carry the team ...
- Francis Bouillon didn't even play four minutes in the first period. Maybe Therrien reads the comments on EOTP? Or maybe that's just logic finally breaking through. Either way, I'm on board.
- So, no goals in the first period, maybe the second will be better?
- Nope, off to the penalty kill again, but this time Ryan Smyth finds the back of the net ... 1-0 Oilers.
- I've always liked Smyth, but now I don't really care for him.
- Is it just me, or are the Oilers getting away with quite a bit of interference in this game?
- And now the Habs go to the powerplay, which is obviously going to suck because our powerplay is the worst and ... BRENDAN GALLAGHER. I LOVE THIS GUY.
- How about the patience from Galchenyuk, as he waits and feeds a beautiful pass through a crowd to give Gallagher a goal. These two should give every Habs fan a reason to be excited, and they're just getting started.
- I mean, these two are both younger than I am, and I'm only 23. They'd make me feel like a complete failure, if not for the fact that they make my day every time I watch them play for my favourite team.
- P.K. Subban spinning around at the blue line on the powerplay like a boss. As a result? BRANDON PRUST. 2-1 Habs.
- Usually when a defenceman makes spin moves on the blue line with a guy all over him, I'd be worried. But it's Subban ... no worries to be had.
- Following that, the rest of the second period sucked. Can't deny, I was pretty worried. Anyway, on to the third with a one goal lead.
- Lars Eller might not be on the scoreboard at this point, but that's not to say he hasn't been a beast. He's Floyd Mayweather in puck battles; he doesn't lose. Ever.
- Oilers fans are trying to out-chant the Habs fans in their own building, and you can't tell which cheer is winning. Man, I love being a Habs fan.
- Every time Michael Bournival stepped on the ice tonight, he looked great. Deserves his spot on the roster.
- More concern ... Oilers swarming, and the Habs looking a little overwhelmed at times.
- Then, you know those kids who are younger than I am that I talked about earlier? YEAH. Galchenyuk scores his first of the season off the feed from Gallagher. I think we've got something in these two, no?
- Prior to that goal, Galchenyuk had been channeling his inner Sprague Ribinsoin by generating mass assists. Maybe now he's chanelling Sprague's father Larry. Either way, I love it.
- Eller throws a bad hit, for which we'll surely forgive him. Then, during the penalty kill, you could distinctly hear the OLE chant that Canadiens fans are known for. Man, I love being a Habs fan.
- Oilers be like: Let's pull our goalie with four minutes left....
- That's insane ... If you've ever played hockey, you know it. Even if you haven't, you probably still know it.
- Pacioretty gets the empty-netter to seal the deal. Daniel Briere gave up all but a sure goal to Pacioretty on that one. An unselfish play that I have a lot of respect for.
- Habs win 4-1. Feels great after last night's disappointment.
The Habs will play again Saturday night in Vancouver as they continue their western road trip. I will be in the crowd for that game, so look for this ugly mug on your TV screens if you'll be watching the game.
2. Roke. For this comment: "He’s not a rowdy Frenchman unless he has cheese curds in his pocket and wandered into a restaurant kitchen to get them to make poutine."
3. TrevaDaddy. For his projection of the Montreal Defensive lineup:
See you all on Saturday night!
More from Eyes On The Prize:
- Canadiens vs Oilers - Third Period Thread
- Canadiens vs Oilers - Second Period Thread
- Getting to know the young Oilers
- Canadiens at Oilers - Game Preview
- Avant match : Canadiens - Oilers