Image created by the amazing Chris Boyle of EOTP - Chris Boyle
Last week Andrew wrote about the things he misses about the NHL, time to look at the other side of the coin.
So we've been lamenting the lack of NHL hockey for so long that we've been forgetting about the things we DON'T miss about the NHL. Such as:
- $10+ beers at the Bell Centre and a whole bunch of other arenas.
- That guy who yells "SKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE." All. Damn. Game.
- Why is it always someone who sounds like Ja Rule?
- Brad Marchand.
- Winnipeg Jets fans.
- The Phoenix Coyotes being in Glendale instead of pretty much anywhere else.
- When your friend calls you because an extra Habs ticket became available at the last minute and you spent your last $80 for the week on, like, shoes.
- Which of course means you take that $80 out of your grocery budget.
- How depressing the Columbus Blue Jackets are. Seriously it stopped being funny like six years ago.
- Vancouver Canucks fans complaining about the LA Kings Twitter account.
- Vancouver Canucks fans piling on you by the hundreds because you made one damn joke about them or their team.
- (For the love of Saku Koivu, get a sense of humour, Canucks fans.)
- Pierre McGuire.
- Glenn Healy.
- Pierre McGuire and Glenn Healy.
- Self-righteous arguments for or against fighting in hockey.
- Trying to get out of ScotiaBank Place aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
- Inconsistent officiating.
- Complaints about inconsistent officiating.
- The words 'classless' and 'classy', any and all variations of either word, and discussions about whether players, teams, or fans are either.
- Raffi Torres and all of his kind.
- The tinfoil hat brigades.
- About 70% of the Montreal hockey media, about 95% of the Toronto hockey media, and approximately 100% of the Boston hockey media.
- Yelling about advanced stats.
- Yelling about concussions.
- Except at the Bell Centre.
- The lighting at Madison Square Garden (The world's most famous arena!)
- Racist, sexist or homophobic comments about players. Or anyone, really.
Now tell us all of yours.